test issue

2000 amp load for testing?

Most are like 500a testers, or are you talking about something else

all i know is i saw him turning it up, and a number went up to 2000 and would not go anymore, and he goes "well I can test this one it wont let me" im not sure he knew what he was doing, I think im going to go to a different o'reilys

I have never used a load tester, so this is new to me.

XS-power1.jpg

when i had my singer alt (275a) tested to make sure it was working (bought it used)

i took it to advanced autoparts and orileys both of them tested it and said it was "on its way out" benched on their shitty benches @ 95a max output and 13.5 volt charging

(obviously they cant test properly with a shitty belt grip and 16 gauge alligator clips)

took it to a local alternator build shop and he at least had 4 gauge connections and a chain driven test bench and it was doing 17Xa at idle and charging voltage was 14.5 lol

take it somewhere else

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

when i had my singer alt (275a) tested to make sure it was working (bought it used)

i took it to advanced autoparts and orileys both of them tested it and said it was "on its way out" benched on their shitty benches @ 95a max output and 13.5 volt charging

(obviously they cant test properly with a shitty belt grip and 16 gauge alligator clips)

took it to a local alternator build shop and he at least had 4 gauge connections and a chain driven test bench and it was doing 17Xa at idle and charging voltage was 14.5 lol

take it somewhere else

Gotchya, and thats a good story, lol

XS-power1.jpg

• 2 years later...

Ol' PurpDerp likes to bamouth the Northstar 170FT's now, and in here he's praising them for "working flawlessly"...just wanted to point out the irony. Oh, that and the fact that he doesn't know the difference between amp-hour and max amp discharge, since he thought that he needed to use a 6amp charger for 600+ hourse to recharge his battery. Just too funny...

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Archived