Second Skin Audio

Positioning sub's in truck?

jessdabest77

Ok,it's time to build this ,so I'd like to see what you guy's think would be the loudest way to position my sub's in the truck.I have two 15 AQ HDC3's of 4400 watt's going in a Nissan Frontier.For sure I'm doing port up but having issue's with sub placement.I keep reading about sub's forward but then saw Kyle with the Ranger with the Sundown's hitting great number's with the sub's up.If I do sub's forward,I'll have 8 cube's after displacement's,and if I do sub's up,I get 8.6.What to do? :angry22: I do compete so please bare with me.I want to get this started and post up the build,vid,and number's.

Ok,it's time to build this ,so I'd like to see what you guy's think would be the loudest way to position my sub's in the truck.I have two 15 AQ HDC3's of 4400 watt's going in a Nissan Frontier.For sure I'm doing port up but having issue's with sub placement.I keep reading about sub's forward but then saw Kyle with the Ranger with the Sundown's hitting great number's with the sub's up.If I do sub's forward,I'll have 8 cube's after displacement's,and if I do sub's up,I get 8.6.What to do? :angry22: I do compete so please bare with me.I want to get this started and post up the build,vid,and number's.

Technically-speaking, you'll have to build the boxes (time and money) and test it out to see which one's louder and suit better for your needs AND then tell us your results. No one can actually tell you which one's louder since each vehicle is different. My truck is Nissan Frontier (with ex cab) '99. I had a pair of S12"L7 facing forward, ports forward. In other time, I also had a pair of S10L7 facing up, ports up. The later was louder to my ears (probably has to do with the deign of box and other factor). So yeah... The next setup I'm planning to build for solo X12, I will have it face up port up as well just because I like it like that. So again, you'll come to play around, testing, etc. if you got time and money to do it. And then tell us the results. :) You got pictures of your subs? Love to see it. :)

Archived