Possible Solution for Mustang Dual Alt Setup

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Convert to hydraulic drive and run the alts remotely?

Ken, what you would be attempting to do with your original post , is re-invent the wheel.

You could always go with a 370xp. The only concern I would have with that would be belt slip, which you may, or may not get lucky with.

Wouldn't duals have greater idle performance than a 370?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Honestly I feel like if you go through the trouble of doing all that an invest that money an it not work.... Your kinda up a creek without at a paddle

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

I'm no expert at all...but seemspretty legit! Would the "bracket" be in the way of anything? Or could u build it strong enough with the room you have??

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

I have absolutely no idea what I'm about to say so please don't hate me if its dumb, but couldn't you get an alt that functions in reverse direction then mount it like you want a little but further to the side, you'd get your belt rap and wouldn't have to find a way too connect the two shafts...

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

Orion, I have a 2011 Mustang and was able to fit a 320 on it.. Although I need to have mechman fabricate a smaller pulley to create more amps at idle which they said they could do. I too have looked into a dual alts, I was thinking how they did the procharger kit, but it would be backwards.. It would work but it would not cool like it's supposed to.. But not sure if it could be modified.

i thought about modifying the airbox to make room for a second alt, but I do not know where I could bolt it to, there is some room if I added a CAI down in the little area where the alt sits.

Archived