Sundown Audio

Q1 3500D

bassfreake

so this amp has 2 power terminals... do they both have to be used?

I'm assuming that means you should probably have a battery or two in the trunk with 2 power wires coming out of the battery into the amp?

if you have multiple batteries connected to eachother do you have to run power from the last battery in the chain to whatever you want to power with them or does that boost the ouput of all the batteries in the chain?

And as long as at least one of the batteries is actually grounded can all the rest of them be grounded to eachother?

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Run it from whatever battery. Since they are connected in parallel is doesnt matter.

And I would definitely connect both powers and grounds.

I don't think the amp would even turn on with only one

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Yes you can run the batteries to each other or a bus bar than to ground.

For the amp, I would use all of the power / ground inputs. Might even want to do dual terminals.

You can use only 1 set of power/ground. It just stresses the board. No point in doing just 1 set of power/ground. Don't half-ass.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

You can use only 1 set of power/ground. It just stresses the board. No point in doing just 1 set of power/ground. Don't half-ass.

ok good to know. I probably wouldn't have ran it with just one just wondering if you could... I know when I was looking around on DCs website their I think 10k amp had dual power and it said you had to use both it wouldn't turn on without having power to both power terminals.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

No it works just fine, I had it at 4 and 2ohms no problems for months. I hooked up the other when I dropped to 1 and .5, Just depends on what you're gonna do with it really. But if you have the wire why not hook it up? I didnt use both at first because I ran out of wire.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

No it works just fine, I had it at 4 and 2ohms no problems for months. I hooked up the other when I dropped to 1 and .5, Just depends on what you're gonna do with it really. But if you have the wire why not hook it up? I didnt use both at first because I ran out of wire.

at the present moment if I tried hooking one of them up to my system with both terminals pulling juice I would probably get one good thump and my car would die till I can upgrade the rest of my electrical lol I got a stock alt with a duralast platinum marine battery... will do my big 3 once I either have time to get pics of the engine and get help with doing it myself or have money to have someone do it for me... and will get a new alt once I have money for it... probably wouldn't be comfortable running this big sucker with both terminals unless I could run it with at least one more battery though

My Build Log

Archived