Sundown Audio

Will this overdue my 2 SA-12's?

If you have a halfway decent box, I dont see 2400 watts being an issue to a pair of sa 12s. Ive been running a Sundown 4500 on the my pair of SA-12s since october, and they finally threw in the towel 2 nights ago.. thats not bad considering how much power I was pushing to them. Who knows how well my 4th order was for them, Ive chaged the box up a few times and each time it did get better in output and quality.

Also a box for a pair of SA-8s version 1s I built, and had a hifonics 2400 pushing the pair and the amp was wired @ .5ohms, clamping a solid 2,000 watts rms. Sups are still working fine to this date.

If you have a halfway decent box, I dont see 2400 watts being an issue to a pair of sa 12s. Ive been running a Sundown 4500 on the my pair of SA-12s since october, and they finally threw in the towel 2 nights ago.. thats not bad considering how much power I was pushing to them. Who knows how well my 4th order was for them, Ive chaged the box up a few times and each time it did get better in output and quality.

Also a box for a pair of SA-8s version 1s I built, and had a hifonics 2400 pushing the pair and the amp was wired @ .5ohms, clamping a solid 2,000 watts rms. Sups are still working fine to this date.

So the BRZ shouldn't be an issue? nice! each sub would be getting 1200 each right?

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

Sky High CCA (2 Runs 1/0 Gauge)

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

2 DC Level 4's w/ XL Softies

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

2 Sets of CT sounds Meso Components

*North East Frequencies*

I ran double rms power to my skar VVX 12's before I got my ZVX's and they took it pretty good but sure didn't like it..... Also I didn't rail on it for more then 30 sec.... The one time I tried to stress test them I played decaf 10+ minutes with zero brakes and I got them a tad stinky, but aft they cooled off were just as good as normal......

The good thing about giving them more power then they are rated for is they loosen up a lot quicker lol. My VVX 12's took about 6 hours play time to really get nasty lows.... Took almost a week with my ZVX's lol

then what amp would you recommend for 2 SA-12's? my budget is 300 and under. Maybe a amp for each sub? idk, help me out :)

I don't know about what amp exactly..... But if you have to ask...... We have to assume you wouldn't set your gains properly with a dd1 / oscope with -5 db tones and making sure your headunit isn't clipping..... We also have to assume that your not one to keep an eye on your equipment, remember your pushing them harder then they are ment for.... Things will fail if over driven for too long. If your one of those 100% volume fuck my equipment guys.... I'd get a 1200-1500 watt amp and call it a day... If you think you can be responsible (but don't bitch to us if you damage something) I'd feed them 800-900 watts each so 1600-1800 rms... And dual 2 ohm means you have to get something that does that power at 2ohms.....

So your looking at a brz 1700 if you think your not gonna pay attention and a 2400 if you think you can be responsible. Assuming both of these amps are at 2 ohms nominal and you set your gains CORRECTLY.

That is all

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

I know you want the cut and dry answer, that's why we are saying they can't take it because we don't want to set you up with something that will blow a few days down the road because you don't have enough experience to pick up on the subtle ques to turn it down.

The answer is in the right box, with the right amp settings, and if you aren't dumb with the power, they will take it. Chances are they won't take it all day though

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

X2..... Quote that whole last sentence and

EVEN IF you do everything right..... The last part is still true... They can't take it ALL DAY. They are still 600 rms and heat will still build up quickly...

Heat kills.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

if you run them @ 2ohms then shouldn't the output be ~1200wrms though?

No? if i ran it at 2 ohms it would 850 to each sub right? cuz its 1700 at 2 Ohms

is it really? i wasn't sure of the rated out put @ 2 ohms

if that's the case, then it should put 850 wrms to each sub, given that there is 100% efficiency and no box rise

I ran double rms power to my skar VVX 12's before I got my ZVX's and they took it pretty good but sure didn't like it..... Also I didn't rail on it for more then 30 sec.... The one time I tried to stress test them I played decaf 10+ minutes with zero brakes and I got them a tad stinky, but aft they cooled off were just as good as normal......

The good thing about giving them more power then they are rated for is they loosen up a lot quicker lol. My VVX 12's took about 6 hours play time to really get nasty lows.... Took almost a week with my ZVX's lol

then what amp would you recommend for 2 SA-12's? my budget is 300 and under. Maybe a amp for each sub? idk, help me out :)

sundown SAZ-1500D v.2 or v.3?

im running 1k each to both of mine daily no problem. even clipped they dont get stinky or hot.

what amp are you running though?

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

Sky High CCA (2 Runs 1/0 Gauge)

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

2 DC Level 4's w/ XL Softies

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

2 Sets of CT sounds Meso Components

*North East Frequencies*

I'm running 2 of these on a kicker 2500.1, they are doing great, going to clamp it soon. Sundown rated it@600rms for warranty sake. They will take 1400rms of clean unclipped power each if you watch them. Mine don't get warm really at all. They took a wall socket for about 20-30 seconds @2 ohms before blowing, doing around 1700rms @ 60hz, pretty damn good for a 600rms sub. They are very much underrated. As with anything you gotta pay attention to what your equipment is doing and you'll be fine. I'd go with a different amp though :P

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)