Mechman Alternators

02 Chev Blazer Dual alt kit guys??

It's true- we developed a complete triple alternator setup for 96-2000 vortex 5.7 trucks after literally hundreds of requests, and we hardly sell any at all. People think it just some simple steel bracket that should cost $20, but a lot more goes into it than that. Idler pulleys, belt, laser cut pieces, welding, manual tensioner, it takes a lot of stuff to make a multiple alternator setup work properly and retain the AC. We even had to so so far as using compact 6 phase units to make them fit properly.

You could try our triple kit on your 4.3l blazer, but I can't guarantee it will fit. The 5.7 engine is similar, but the throttle cable and engine compartment are different on the s10 blazer.

Pm or call us for more details

Dual 350A alts on factory blazer bracket, 3/8 steel plate, added a pulley and a longer bolt to the bottom of the left alternator. The spacer on the front of the pulley, is the same spacer that you find on the back side of the right side puley, the left one can be spaced out if needed with a few washers, I used only one thin washer. one longer belt from napa. I have no belt slippage unless i rev the engine high and let it off, 4k or so. The metal bracket has been trimmed down.

DSC_8730.jpg

Dual 350A alts on factory blazer bracket, 3/8 steel plate, added a pulley and a longer bolt to the bottom of the left alternator. The spacer on the front of the pulley, is the same spacer that you find on the back side of the right side puley, the left one can be spaced out if needed with a few washers, I used only one thin washer. one longer belt from napa. I have no belt slippage unless i rev the engine high and let it off, 4k or so. The metal bracket has been trimmed down.

DSC_8730.jpg

How many amps are those alternators?

Rusty from dc audio put up a video on youtube awhile ago. The ac compressor is removed and a bracket/spacer is used to allow your to mount an alternator in its place. I got the brackets off a 4.3 in an s10 to use on my 383 so i can do the same thing. Hes using mechman alts.

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

The bracket/spacer was made for an 88 but ive seen it in the 2nd gen 4.3 as well

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

DSC_8730.jpg

They are dual Mike Singer 350s

Right now i have one Singer and one Mechman 340 on.

and no i don't have belt slip.

DSC_8730.jpg

They are dual Mike Singer 350s

Right now i have one Singer and one Mechman 340 on.

and no i don't have belt slip.

The belt wrap on the inside alternator is only about 3% its hard to believe you have no belt slip with a 350 amp alternator...

Even on a 4.6-5.4 with more belt wrap and less alternator will slip some under heavy load. You could add a smooth back pulley to help with wrap.