Second Skin Audio

Budget System Question

LuckyRussian

So i've read many threads asking a similar question on a variety of sites but i never saw a good "educated" response which didn't sound like it was written by a 15 year old. Just to clear things up, is there a negative to going with 1 "good" 15" sub, instead of 2 "crappier" 12"s?? I don't have the power, budget or cabin room to run 2 sa12s so im deciding between 1 sa15 or 2 e12s. It's a really hard decision to make, due to the many myths u hear about 15" subs, so any help will be greatly appreciated! Also just to support my decision, does anyone here think that 2 sa12s on 1700 watts is just too overkill for a corolla 15"??

1.) overkill is all a matter of opinion.

2.) cabin room? why would you be putting your subs in the cabin of a toyota corolla instead of the trunk? You'd have plenty of room for a good sized box, two 12s and an amp, maybe even a battery.

3.) Forget sundown if you have a budget, look at obsidian audio man. Their cheaper and bang just as hard.

4.) if your stuck on sundown, go with sa 12s. 1700 watts won't do much to them, I had a pair of them on an Audioque 2200d for a while and they laughed at 2000 watts... They're very powerful subs.

-playing with different setups

If you have the power and room for 2 E12's go for it. You'll have more cone area than one 15" and be able to run more power because you'll have 2, but as said before a higher level 15" should do better. I haven't heard any myths about 15's. And to your last question no that won't be overkill, sounds like a fine daily system to me

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

no on the 2 SA 12s on 1700w being overkill....as for the options your considering...I myself am running a single 18" sub and looking back probably should have went with a pair of 15s to spread the power and get a bit more cone area and more motor force...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

what myths are you worried about?

People say that they sound sloppier due to more cone weight and size (bs since their components are designed to handle the weight most of the time) and that they are at a MUCH GREATER disadvantage than most 2 12s (really makes no sense to me since cone area isnt everything)

1.) overkill is all a matter of opinion.

2.) cabin room? why would you be putting your subs in the cabin of a toyota corolla instead of the trunk? You'd have plenty of room for a good sized box, two 12s and an amp, maybe even a battery.

3.) Forget sundown if you have a budget, look at obsidian audio man. Their cheaper and bang just as hard.

4.) if your stuck on sundown, go with sa 12s. 1700 watts won't do much to them, I had a pair of them on an Audioque 2200d for a while and they laughed at 2000 watts... They're very powerful subs.

By cabin room, i meant that i feel like the car just isnt big enough for all the output (would just result in plenty of rattles) and obsidian audio is really not that cheap when u factor in the shipping costs which are luckily free for sa subs

People say that they sound sloppier due to more cone weight and size (bs since their components are designed to handle the weight most of the time) and that they are at a MUCH GREATER disadvantage than most 2 12s (really makes no sense to me since cone area isnt everything)

Who the hell told you that a 15 sounds sloppy? If I were you I really wouldn't take any more advice from them

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

Who the hell told you that a 15 sounds sloppy? If I were you I really wouldn't take any more advice from them

Thats why i moved my reasearch from yahoo answers to SMD lol

Archived