Another question.....

That's what I'm trying to figure out but Mike from Singer says it will be okay.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

What "true" rms do you figure that I will be getting? With that box, amp, 3 Deka Intimidator 9A34M AGM Battery with a 250A Singer Alt. Or is it to soon to tell?

I think it is to hard to tell, but correct me if I am wrong someone, wouldnt a 250A alt be a little to small for a 4500W amp?

It is hard to tell from just an equipment list. I think a 250A is a little on the smaller side, but he does have a decent battery bank to back it up. Also, I tend to trust Singer's opinion, because he's basically the God of Alternators.

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

Crossfire mids & highs and amps

65ah Cmax bank

Iraggi 320a and Mechman 300a

With the right battery reserve, high output, etc, the 4500 should be fine. I'll be running a 4500 on a 170amp high output with an XS power d4800 and 2 s975s, all ofc 1/0awg wiring. Such a low high output alt because I have an odd car and a custom build isn't within the budget. Steve ran the zvx15 on the 2500 @ 1ohm if I recall. But 2 Zvx 15s will survive the sk4500, just watch the tuning. Since your using CCA wire, I'd suggest doing double runs to the amp, so dual-dual inputs. Toolmaker sells dual input blocks for about $30 a pair.

Are dual inputs safe for the amp? I don't know I've never done a build this big before. How do I contact tool maker without a facebook? I deactivated my facebook and I don't really have any plans to put it back up. How do dual inputs work? Do I need another dual input for the ground?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I asked Mike awhile back to see if he could get a higher amp alternator for my WJ but he said that I would need to make a spacer or a bracket but I am no where near good enough with metal for that kind of thing. Unless someone could make it for me that is near my area of CT 06804.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Are dual inputs safe for the amp? I don't know I've never done a build this big before. How do I contact tool maker without a facebook? I deactivated my facebook and I don't really have any plans to put it back up. How do dual inputs work? Do I need another dual input for the ground?

Yes dual inputs for both power and ground. They are completely safe to use, only thing to worry about is the same thing when you plug in the normal pos/neg wires. Avoid stray wires that could arc and create a short.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

He sells them in pairs, so you'd be getting a power and ground block per pair. I've been in touch with him on the exact ones, they're safe for the amp; you'd just need 2 additional fuses per input. Granted you'd need to do a wrap or 2 of electrical tape on the positive to prevent arching, just from being close together and super conductive aluminum. He has a website, not 100% updated though - http://toolmakermetalworkz.com/ You can get them either with or without the voltmeter input.

dual inputs are not worth the money imo. if you compete, yeah sure. you'll see a gain, but it'll be so small it won't be audibly noticeable. and go to wal mart, get a 10-15 dollar DMM and tune the amp. better than doing it by ear.

I don't want to compete with just 2 ZVX's as I don't know if it will be considered a "competing" setup. So should I or should I not get dual inputs? Is a DMM just a volt meter or multi meter? Or a precision piece of equipment meant to actually tune? I also have no idea how to tune using a DMM. I've only ever used the famed "Ear-O-Meter".

Edited by Soahctnelis

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed