DIY Tint

DubNDodge

So I was at wally world last night and saw the tint they had on the shelves. I was tempted to buy it because it was diy, but I figured it would be crap. I also heard that autozones, Gila, is crap as well.

It seems to me that all the quality tint companys (Johnson films, Llumar, Solarguard, Madico, Optix, 3M, and Suntek) you have to get it installed at a shop. Which I wouldn't have a problem with, but there are no shops near me what so ever.

So my question is, to all the people that have tint, and did it yourself, where did you buy it?

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can order good tint online. tint is not easy. I pay to have mine done.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

So I was at wally world last night and saw the tint they had on the shelves. I was tempted to buy it because it was diy, but I figured it would be crap. I also heard that autozones, Gila, is crap as well.

It seems to me that all the quality tint companys (Johnson films, Llumar, Solarguard, Madico, Optix, 3M, and Suntek) you have to get it installed at a shop. Which I wouldn't have a problem with, but there are no shops near me what so ever.

So my question is, to all the people that have tint, and did it yourself, where did you buy it?

Sucks you don't have a shop nearby but I would really take it too a shop It's not easy at all to DIY and will most likely end up a waste of money and having to rip all the tint off cuz it looks like shit, especially if it's ur first time.

Yep just bite the bullet and get a pro to do it because that way if it bubbles or looks like shat they have to fix it

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Ok, sounds like a shop it is then. I was able to come across a shop that is about 65 miles away. Not to bad compared to the one that was like 155 lol

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I just call around to like 5 tint shops and find out the lowest price. After that I call my shop of choice, (closest, best reviews etc) and tell them XXX Tint said they will do it for $$ and the shop will want the business so they usually will negotiate a good price. I had the 2 front windows done for $20 a few years back. Now I'm 2 layers of 5% all around :D

I just call around to like 5 tint shops and find out the lowest price. After that I call my shop of choice, (closest, best reviews etc) and tell them XXX Tint said they will do it for $$ and the shop will want the business so they usually will negotiate a good price. I had the 2 front windows done for $20 a few years back. Now I'm 2 layers of 5% all around :D

Must be nice to have more than one tint shop around within 65 miles lol. Pretty sure its gonna cost $170 to get my car done.

Yeah we have a few here in MD. You can always get some tint online and attempt to do it yourself for cheap. The worst that could happen is you mess up or get bubbles and rip it off. Call it a $20 loss lol

155? Ive never paid less than 200 for tint.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

155? Ive never paid less than 200 for tint.

You probably got a top quality film.

The shops I've had experience with have a good better best system.

Archived