Sign in to follow this  
DubNDodge

DIY Tint

So I was at wally world last night and saw the tint they had on the shelves. I was tempted to buy it because it was diy, but I figured it would be crap. I also heard that autozones, Gila, is crap as well.

It seems to me that all the quality tint companys (Johnson films, Llumar, Solarguard, Madico, Optix, 3M, and Suntek) you have to get it installed at a shop. Which I wouldn't have a problem with, but there are no shops near me what so ever.

So my question is, to all the people that have tint, and did it yourself, where did you buy it?

So I was at wally world last night and saw the tint they had on the shelves. I was tempted to buy it because it was diy, but I figured it would be crap. I also heard that autozones, Gila, is crap as well.

It seems to me that all the quality tint companys (Johnson films, Llumar, Solarguard, Madico, Optix, 3M, and Suntek) you have to get it installed at a shop. Which I wouldn't have a problem with, but there are no shops near me what so ever.

So my question is, to all the people that have tint, and did it yourself, where did you buy it?

Sucks you don't have a shop nearby but I would really take it too a shop It's not easy at all to DIY and will most likely end up a waste of money and having to rip all the tint off cuz it looks like shit, especially if it's ur first time.

Yep just bite the bullet and get a pro to do it because that way if it bubbles or looks like shat they have to fix it

• Like 1

Ok, sounds like a shop it is then. I was able to come across a shop that is about 65 miles away. Not to bad compared to the one that was like 155 lol

I just call around to like 5 tint shops and find out the lowest price. After that I call my shop of choice, (closest, best reviews etc) and tell them XXX Tint said they will do it for $$ and the shop will want the business so they usually will negotiate a good price. I had the 2 front windows done for $20 a few years back. Now I'm 2 layers of 5% all around :D

I just call around to like 5 tint shops and find out the lowest price. After that I call my shop of choice, (closest, best reviews etc) and tell them XXX Tint said they will do it for $$ and the shop will want the business so they usually will negotiate a good price. I had the 2 front windows done for $20 a few years back. Now I'm 2 layers of 5% all around :D

Must be nice to have more than one tint shop around within 65 miles lol. Pretty sure its gonna cost $170 to get my car done.

Yeah we have a few here in MD. You can always get some tint online and attempt to do it yourself for cheap. The worst that could happen is you mess up or get bubbles and rip it off. Call it a $20 loss lol

155? Ive never paid less than 200 for tint.

You probably got a top quality film.

The shops I've had experience with have a good better best system.