i just love that with my BJJ i can be knocked to the ground and if anyone steps into my range i can attack their legs and smother them like a anaconda . altho fighting more than one you DO NOT want to be on the ground

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why if I took BJJ I would want to break an arm or a leg then stand back up and fight. But if doubt that if I broke a leg or an arm the person who's attacking me would not want to continue and neither would their buddies.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I have personally been taking Budo for 10 years. In the lower belts its all Tai kwon do. In the levels of Black Belt. Its is alot more Jujitsu style techniques, also starts to work with koshi jitsu, pressure points. I love it, i am a smaller guy, 5'6" so i understand the size part of it. If i were to choose another martial arts it would probably be Tai Chi or Wing Chun. The "old man styles".

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

I've never never heard of Budo. That's pretty cool that it changes techniques at higher belts. What belt level are you? I am about 5'3" so I am pretty small. I'm looking mainly for self defense so that I can protect myself and my family and friends.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Oddly, one of the reasons my wife married me was because I could protect her from her ex husband. He out weighs me by about 80 pounds and is about 2 inches taller. With common sense and restraint (taught by good teachers) it wont matter. You wont need kill shots, and you will know how to restrain yourself if you do. One of the moves is a follow through from a throw to crush the skull. If you slow them down with your knee, that wont happen.

One of the biggest things I learned is no one wins in a fight. Avoidance is key, so is eye contact in maintaing "ki". If the attacker thinks you know something he doesnt, he will flee, or his "fighting spirit" will be broken. I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true. I've gotten out of a lot of fights just by staring people down and saying "Yeah, sounds like fun, lets see how this works out".

I haven't gone through the whole thread but had to quote that...... I'm not laughing at the first piece but the second bit was hilarious!!!!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

haha. Thanks :-p

updated sig... lmao

also beaker... what was the martial art you referenced that was similar to what you've learned/learning??? I forgot

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I believe it was Aiki Jitsu (Aikijutsu) that was similar to what he took according to posts in this thread.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I've decided to try both Aikijitsu and Judo when I move down to TN, I think that it would be wise for me to train in one martial art first for awhile then take Judo second after I get good enough with Aikijitsu. Thank you for everything everyone! Thank you Beaker for helping me decide.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Archived