Sundown Audio

Hifonics brz1700

boltdbz

Alot of people dont like skar so you saying that means nothing. Alot of people also say aq2200d is an equal amp to the hifonics so you throwing out a system setup you like and bashing something else isnt helping. He may buy the skar subs and hate them. To correctly answer his questions is to give experience with those amps (personal experience) as some here already have. As i do agree i have heard alot about the aq amps to my knowledge they are not cea rated and the hifonics are. I personally love hifonics stuff sute they maybe power hungry but if your going big anyway upgrading the electrical system is going to be something that gets done regardless. Big 3 upgrade doesnt cost much and a second battery (kinetic) you can get for under $100 at whole sale places and online. I love my hifonics stuff and have never been disappointed. I will use different amps most likely in my next build but for budget builds i like them and have never had issues.

audioque is better than hifonics. sundown isn't cea rated, and their amps actually do like 700w OVER rated. it seems like 90% of the good amplifier companies, aren't actually cea rated. cea is just a sticker companies put on their amp boxes so 17 year old joe blow will be like "damn this amp is good because it says cea!" but what he doesn't know is that there are amps that dont have that stupid logo, that are far higher quality and output even more power. cea rating is bull shit anyway. you will literally never see 14.4v (the voltage cea rates their amps at) unless you have a huge electrical system with 0 voltage drop. and what about the GM cars that charge at 13.8? they will literally never be able to get the chance to see "rated" power. so you wont even see the power the amp is "rated" for. most of hifonics' lineup of amps dont even do rated power anyways, as was said by a representative. the ones that "do" rated, lose 18% of their power per 1 volt of source voltage drop.

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P5200 HD

Amps: 2 Hifonics BE 2500(Brutus Elite) 1 Hifonics BRX 1200.4(Brutus)

Subs: 2 ORION HCCA 15's at 1 ohm

Mids: 2 Alpine SPS-609 ,2 Alpine SPG-69C3 , 2 Alpine SPR-50C

Highs: 2 Pyramid 3" TW67 Super Titanium tweeters , 2 Falcon SDS500 horns

EQ: Clarion EQS746

Alt: 220amp

Batts: 1 optima yellow under the hood , 2 XS POWER D3100's in the back

Wire: Big 3 upgrade 0gauge all thru

Fuses: Stinger 300amp

Box enclosure: FATBOX USA

Im running my l7's at 2 ohm so im only pulling 1400 well thats at 14.4 rated so probably 1200. I dont plan on competing so its plenty loud for me right now. Maybe in a year or so after i had had this amp for awhile i will upgrade it to something different but for now bounching my wipers on the windshield is plenty for me.

my brutus elites are doing way more than just shaking windshield wipers . so what if there a lil hungry. give them what they want. POWER. they will do right by you. this is for all the hifonics haters :finger::finger::finger:.

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P5200 HD

Amps: 2 Hifonics BE 2500(Brutus Elite) 1 Hifonics BRX 1200.4(Brutus)

Subs: 2 ORION HCCA 15's at 1 ohm

Mids: 2 Alpine SPS-609 ,2 Alpine SPG-69C3 , 2 Alpine SPR-50C

Highs: 2 Pyramid 3" TW67 Super Titanium tweeters , 2 Falcon SDS500 horns

EQ: Clarion EQS746

Alt: 220amp

Batts: 1 optima yellow under the hood , 2 XS POWER D3100's in the back

Wire: Big 3 upgrade 0gauge all thru

Fuses: Stinger 300amp

Box enclosure: FATBOX USA

Im running my l7's at 2 ohm so im only pulling 1400 well thats at 14.4 rated so probably 1200. I dont plan on competing so its plenty loud for me right now. Maybe in a year or so after i had had this amp for awhile i will upgrade it to something different but for now bounching my wipers on the windshield is plenty for me.

my brutus elites are doing way more than just shaking windshield wipers . so what if there a lil hungry. give them what they want. POWER. they will do right by you. this is for all the hifonics haters :finger::finger::finger:.

lulz

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Archived