Misc. Sealed off trunk - '01Stratus *Gutted*

Interesting. Clean setup

I have never posted in here so tuned in.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

didnt you have hdc3 12s at one point? also what amp were you running before the ct 3k?

Shit if I ever had the hdc3s I'd be one happy duck but I had the sdc2.5s before. I had the AQ2200 on these subs before the 3k

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

he had them subs and they shitted on themselves also the previous amp was aq2200

dear grant, please use the ct sounds to wall some 18s

yeah these new hds3s are better. didn't get smelly at all with the 2200. 3000, is another story lolol.

I want to wall my car so fucking bad, you have no idea. Give me a few more years, or let me hit the lottery haha

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

That CT amp is almost twice the power as the 2200D. I wholeheartedly believe when tuned with a dd-1 and cc-1 it will be way louder. Looking good Dubndodge!!

what?

no way.........

that 2200 board is legit as fuck....... TWICE the power?

then he should be pulling TWICE the amperage... lets see when its in...

Got the 3000 installed today. Took a bit more effort than expected. Was just going to throw it as far left on the backside of the box. Well the only length of 1/0 I had wouldn't fit so I tried to center the amp. Then the RCAs almost didn't fit. Then got the wires how I wanted them to and made them look clean. Went to tune it and nothing lit up, had 12v remote, had power to the amp, slave/master switch to master. I started to panic and started texting people to trying and help me trouble shoot. Paul nailed it with the fucking HU Remote or Bass Gain remote turn on switch, it was set to the bass gain remote.

Well it is a good bit louder than the 2200, how much? I don't know I didn't have time to meter. The subs can't handle it though. Got smelly half way through a song. So my options are to either sell the 2200 and turn the 3000 down a bit, or just go back to the 2200 and sell the 3000 because I really don't feel like getting new subs. I guess I just needed reassurance that just throwing more power at subs isn't going to make me gain all that much.

Here's how it turned out though, excuse all the damn smudges on the amp. Humid as fuck today.

20140625_142307_zpsmijkej5s.jpg

replied on another post before seeing this....

Got smelly eh? ..... if its not quite abit louder at ear..... you may not have gained much but burn off.... :shrug:

I dunno.. Im sure you metered before and will after right?

EDIT- dumping lost power into drivers, could mean DICK in output dude....... sorry. Errrrrythang is possible...

IMHO, ill almost bet you where better off with the AQ board. Just me. Good luck kid. I know youve put effort in..... ;)

Yupp metered before with subs, was a 144.6db now its 145.8db sealed up. Both at 46hz. SPL Lab metered. So +-1700w was a 1.2db increase

Trust me, I've been pondering which to keep. Like I said before, I just needed the backup that dumping power to a driver isn't going to make me all that much louder. Not worth blowing subs over at least. I am content with the 2200 and the hds3. Which is what I'll probably end up going back to. Who knows. Both solid amps imo.

edit: aaaaand PB mobile is the shittiest app known to man kind. can't upload, keeps reuploading old pics. fuck that noise.

ive always said it - your setup is legit im willing to bet with 2 top tier subs in there on this ct amp would get you pulling at least 147 sealed maybe more. If it were me id save up for some hdc4s if your stuck on aq or something even better.

ive always said it - your setup is legit im willing to bet with 2 top tier subs in there on this ct amp would get you pulling at least 147 sealed maybe more. If it were me id save up for some hdc4s if your stuck on aq or something even better.

I vote hdc4s, xl m2s, or some sp4s.

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

I vote hdc4s, xl m2s, or some sp4s.

Would be awesome if this setup did a 147 that would give me even more hope for a 150 with mine

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Archived