Misc. Sealed off trunk - '01Stratus *Gutted*

Final coat of paint on, I have a little bit to touch up. But I like the way this looks so much better than what it did originally.

It's a matte black. Camera didn't pick it up, but I'm gonna give it some slack since I smashed it yesterday lol.

SDC13893_zps591e9bf4.jpg

My original idea was to put a piece of 3/4"x3/4"x3' piece of mdf along the top front of the box, and then screw into that from the front of the metal tab. Well I didn't realize that it curved... So now I am gonna put some great stuff up there, then put a mdf piece behind it so the great stuff won't be visible. It will be fun to carpet everything.

SDC13894_zps4c181f9d.jpg

SDC13895_zpsadd813d8.jpg

SDC13896_zpsfc2488fc.jpg

I also got the holes drilled for where side beauty panel/seal off panel attaches to the car. I will be using t-nuts on the backside.

SDC13897_zpsb6d5978c.jpg

I just realized carpeting the box it going to be more difficult than I expected :shrug:

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Well it got up to 40 degrees today, and my car was really warm on the inside after school, so I knew it was time to do deadner. I was only able to get the drivers door done.

Before

SDC15086_zps35ed7010.jpg

That black gunk they use to secure that stupid plastic thing to the door was intense. I was gonna try to peal it off. That wasn't happening so I pulled while I took a utility knife and sliced at it. Eventually got it off.

While

SDC15087_zpsf394f75a.jpg

I took alcohol and cleaned up the panel after I got the black thing off.

Done

SDC15088_zps3eecb21b.jpg

I used about 3 sq ft. I also used gorilla tape to cover all the holes. I felt that using deadener would just be a waste. On the big hole I have 3 layers of gorilla tape on it, and it's pretty dang stiff. Would be about the same as if deadener would be on it. I have about 1.5 sq ft spread out on the outer door panel as well.

I should be getting the passenger side done tomorrow, if weather/temperature permits. Possibly the roof as well. I will be putting 4 sqft on the roof. I will have to figure out where I will put the other 4 sq ft.

Edit: I forgot to add. That gorilla tape tore UP my hands. Hands are raw from having the tape stick to them

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Tuned in! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Nissan Frontier

10" Cadence Midbass

8" Cadnece Midrange

Bullet tweets

2 Re audio Sxx 15 Subs

Mechman 270a

2 Re XT4000deV3 mono 1600 rms

1 Re XT400deV3 Bridged 350x2

2 Cadence 175.4 Bridged 350x2

Audiomaxx and Stinger 0,4,8,12 awg wires

Dynamat sound deadeners

My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...__+1999 +nissan

The passenger door is now deadened, forgot to take pictures, but basically looks the same as drivers.

I also got my roof done. There was factory deadener up there, I was going to pull it off but it was going to take way more effort than what it was worth. But what I did get off, had an asphalt smell to it. :jon::jon:

Anyways, here is before/after pics

Front

SDC15089_zps306084e2.jpg

SDC15092_zps3264b01e.jpg

Rear

SDC15091_zpsac08771b.jpg

SDC15093_zps99ac84b4.jpg

I like those beauty panels you made for sealing off the trunk. Im gonna to do that in my bro's car when I rebuild his box, he's running the HDC3s. I don't think carpeting your box would be to hard if you do it in three parts, one for the front of the box and two for the beauty panels, just take your time with it and have extra in case you mess up.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

Yeah that's what I was planning. Piece for baffle. 1 for each side panel, 1 for infront of the baffle. I will also be carpeting the box that is shown in the trunk. top/back will be a piece, and each side will be a piece. The sides will be the hard part, spraying glue with hardly any room.

I will also be making a beauty panel so that you won't be able to see down where the battery is, that will be carpeted too.

I got the area where the foam is going to be sprayed taped off.

SDC15094_zps39eb844a.jpg

SDC15095_zps3f0ed5a1.jpg

I also taped off the area that will be foamed at the top front of the box.

Holes errywhere

SDC15097_zps135b6d89.jpg

SDC15098_zpscf0f08fa.jpg

Deadened the deck. Gorilla taped the holes that I am not going to foam.

SDC15100_zps05841c54.jpg

No turning back now :) top is glued. Thanks to my Dad and girlfriend to cleaned up glue while I screwed in the top. Took me about 15 mins to screw it in do to having like only 2 inches above the front screws.

SDC15096_zps6a258d26.jpg

SDC15099_zpsbb66f69c.jpg

looks good, coming along real nice...look forward to seeing it progress!

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Archived