Misc. Sealed off trunk - '01Stratus *Gutted*

Oh, yeah the only thing that went bad when doing the roof deadner was this dang thing. Didn't pull the sunvisor out at just the right angle and it snapped. $8 gone.

SDC15101_zps458b96a8.jpg

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I thought about it, but I just wanted something that would work for now. I have no clue how long this car will last. Has slight tranny issues. The 2.7L is a ticking timebomb, because of the internal water pump that is supposed to go out around 100k, but the car has 139k and no engine work done. So I don't want to invest too much money into the car itself. Who knows, I might just drop a new engine/tranny in when the time comes.

That's also good to know, was hoping for some flex

Haha, I have the 2.7L 2001 Sebring. Have wrecked, had problems, and ripped apart/replaced countless things on it...runs amazing if you take care of it and treat it right though (amazing as in, it's going to get you from point A to point B quietly with no problems haha). But the engine sludge is notorious in these cars. Following, haven't gotten to see much done with these cars...will probably do something simple to mine soon as well!

:popcorn2:

When I was talking about how hard it was to screw the box down, screwing down that top trim piece will be a bit worse. Not sure if you can tell by the pics, but the metal angles back.

SDC15104_zpsb46570c9.jpg

It was cool, I was showing by Grandpa how I was using a phillips drill bit and twisting it by hand in order to get those top front screws in. He was like " Hey! I have the exact tool you need!" Needless to say he let me borrow this cool little thing :D

SDC15105_zpsd025ed4e.jpg

I got the t nuts put in the side trim panels. And temporarily fastened the box to the car so I could start working on the false floor. I was very impressed to see how little the box moved around with just a few screws in the box/car. I could push about 70% of what I could and it didn't budge.

SDC15103_zps3c3565bc.jpg

Traced the old false floor carpet to corrugated paper. Then did a rough cut of where the box should fit.

SDC15102_zpsbfc7b7c9.jpg

SDC15107_zpsb0eca954.jpg

SDC15109_zpsc4919cdc.jpg

SDC15108_zpsa6e416ae.jpg

Will trace it onto mdf tomorrow, also possibly sealing off the box if it is warm enough to foam.

SDC15110_zpscf82afeb.jpg

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Looking great so far, sucks that hook broke, but glad to see someone take their time, and doing everything right the first time. When this gets done, it's gonna turn out awesome.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Great attention to detail! I'm going to start doing something along the lines of this with my set up.

Keep up the work!

SMD_zps84fd99a2.jpg
95 Acura Integra - 5-speed
NFG thumb.gif
Pioneer FH-X700BT
(2) Rockford Fosgate 12" P3
AQ1200d
Rockford Fosgate P1652-S 6.5" components
Rockford Fosgate P1572 5x7"
Rockford Fosgate R400.4

95 Integra Build Here
93 EJ2 Build Here

I thought about it, but I just wanted something that would work for now. I have no clue how long this car will last. Has slight tranny issues. The 2.7L is a ticking timebomb, because of the internal water pump that is supposed to go out around 100k, but the car has 139k and no engine work done. So I don't want to invest too much money into the car itself. Who knows, I might just drop a new engine/tranny in when the time comes.

That's also good to know, was hoping for some flex

Haha, I have the 2.7L 2001 Sebring. Have wrecked, had problems, and ripped apart/replaced countless things on it...runs amazing if you take care of it and treat it right though (amazing as in, it's going to get you from point A to point B quietly with no problems haha). But the engine sludge is notorious in these cars. Following, haven't gotten to see much done with these cars...will probably do something simple to mine soon as well!

:popcorn2:

Ha, if you want to see a complete bad ass sebring/stratus build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159238-mariobs-tomb-of-boom/page-33

Looking great so far, sucks that hook broke, but glad to see someone take their time, and doing everything right the first time. When this gets done, it's gonna turn out awesome.

Yeah I hate that dang hook. They should make it more rubbery or at least bulk up on it instead of having 1mm plastic. and Thanks! slowly but surely

Great attention to detail! I'm going to start doing something along the lines of this with my set up.

Keep up the work!

Cool deal, hopefully I gave you some pointers

Impressive man, looks great so far. Can't wait to see more progress.

Thanks!

Archived