Second Skin Audio

Crazy 18" Prototype subwoofer

Thanks for the compliments fellas! Subs were excellent and held up well. People were treated to a very good demo before noon. Old batteries and stock electrical. I always do that! Can't help myself ....I like giving demo and meeting sq/bass heads more than competition. Before you know system is drained and two hours and 3 hours later its time to meter.

I'll charge the batteries and post a vid of the system fresh.

Thanks to ken/forevrbumpn. Sky's the limits.

Steve, also a thanks for the kind words.

Yes, smell a rebuild!

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Wow, looks awesome, like a piece of a space ship. All that's missing is a plutonium cylinder and fog from liquid nitrogen sweeping over the floor

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

that is ingenious imho...... i hope this takes off for madvibes......that thing looks killer. looks and sounds like a GREAT design.

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

Any Vids yet lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

What is the xmax on that? That will be cool to see a finished picture of the sub with a nice basket on it. You ll have to post it up when done.

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

Stevil I've been waiting 13 months for results from these lol. I never heard these in his system just 22-27-32 hz burps at half volume which was doing shirt tricks violently. Will needs to get in here and comment. I couldn't make it to the show myself or I would have posted Vid immediately. The xmax is 28mm one way but actual stroke side view is impressive. Definitely larger spiders needed

Larger spiders and a surround delete (yes, I said delete) ; )

Shoot for 40mm lol :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

It will see 40+ I believe its only partially a high xmax sub its low end monster that can handle tons of power and efficient. More cone control towards peak xmax where other subs start to lose cone control. Xmax is what these can be modded for though

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Finally, someone other than adire aiming for 40+.. :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Any Vids yet lol

soon....but i don't have a heck of a lot of video of it. He rolled up his window on me and i didn't get the vibe he wanted me to film too much of it. I think he was pissed because it went into protect and i understand the frustration, i been there several times :D

if you want my bro, i can come by with the gopro 3 @ 60 or 120fps and we can do a much MUCH better demo. I can get you a ton of attention with this. People love crazy shit like this and it will look sick on the gopro LOL

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916