Group 31 marine batteries

You don't want lead acid batteries inside your car.

They can vent hydrogen.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

BAM!

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/duracell-agm-deep-cycle-marine-and-rv-battery-group-size-31dtmagm/prod3590232.ip?navAction=

Just got one of these bitches yesterday. It's basically just a rebadged Deka battery. I picked it up from Sams for $180 bucks (core charge was 15)

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Nothing wrong with a battery in the car. Many cars have the battery stock in the trunk, or between the trunk and the cabin. Hydrogen gas isn't toxic, and it has to be highly concentrated to ignite. Just don't suffocate the batteries and they'll be fine.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

Nothing wrong with a battery in the car. Many cars have the battery stock in the trunk, or between the trunk and the cabin. Hydrogen gas isn't toxic, and it has to be highly concentrated to ignite. Just don't suffocate the batteries and they'll be fine.

Aren't those batteries sealed though? iirc the one in my gf's cobalt is sealed. I would have to check it though.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Just don't get lead acid. Problem solved.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Aren't those batteries sealed though? iirc the one in my gf's cobalt is sealed. I would have to check it though.
Most newer cars with stock batteries in the cabin use either sealed or the battery sits in a box that has a vent hose on it leading outside of the cabin area from what I've seen.

Lead in the vehicle is bad.. in any situation. For car audio its one of the dumbest decisions you can make in my opinion. 100% of ppl put that battery within 3 feet of their box. What do you think that lead and the gasses inside that battery are doing with all of that vibration from the subs? Even if vented outside and in a battery box. They arent meant for vibration like that. They will boil over, the gas will pop the tops off..

• 5 years later...

Archived