Second Skin Audio

Cone area

afrakes

What's the huge deal about cone area? All I have been seeing lately is recommendations for more cone area, but if you are running the exact same amount of power to the exact same sub (an fi q 12 on a aq1200 vs an fi q 15 on an aq1200 in the same vehicle with the same electrical for example) then why is more cone area better? I could see that it would push more air an possibly get lower because of this, but does that mean that 2 10s on the same power same sub etc. will automatically get lower than the same single 12 just because of the simple fact that there is more cone area on 2 10s? I just need some clarification on this.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

i think.. people say cone area is king just as a rule of thumb.. every car and stuff is different then other's, there is no real way to tell how loud and what not something's gonna get without actually trying it.. i think they all just go by rule of thumb when they say that.. but i dunno.

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

< likes cone area and low power. There are alot of other factors that can make you loud though. There are systems with a 1/3 the cone that kill my setup.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

2 10s has more cone area that 1 12. what are you saying? of course more cone area will create more pressure=louder

and more cone area does not mean lower.

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

<<<<< name above avatar says it all

cause cone area is cooler,would you rather see something with 24-15's or 2-15's

It depends on which one is louder and gets me a tropny!! haha jk Cone area builds do look cooler, but not always louder. Depends on each vehicle and set up.

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

A car thats walled with lets say, 4 18s thats doing a 55 Vs a car doing a 55 with 3 10s will sound WAY differnt.

Every setup , every car meters differntly. Just because both setups hit the same numbers (while using differnt amouta of cone area) doesnt mean they sound the same.

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

more cone area on the same power is a more efficient way of getting louder...now it's not always a 100% but odds are it will be louder with more cone area on the same power...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Archived