Second Skin Audio

Cone area

afrakes

Oh fox you are just partial... anyways when you heading this way?

i am! becasue i always get the " only a 156 with 12 10s?" then they take a seat and way "waahhhh!! theres no way thats a 156!!"

whenever... lol where you at in OH?

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

2 10s has more cone area that 1 12. what are you saying? of course more cone area will create more pressure=louder

and more cone area does not mean lower.

I know there's more cone area. I guess what I'm asking is if u put the exact same amount of power to the exact same model woofers, same vehicle, same everything, with the only difference being cone area, does that automatically mean the 10s will be louder?

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

If you compare identical subs, but a 12 vs 15:

The 15 will be louder in it's optimal box than the 12 in it's optimal box. If everything else is exactly the same.

A speaker is an air pump. The bigger the cone, the more air it pressurizes.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

If you're using the same everything how are you getting different cone area?

Cone area is not the end-all be all. You need to also take into consideration excursion curves (a function of enclosure style and power), power (a function of impedance rise, amplifier settings), and motor strength (number of voice coils, voice coil and motor T/S parameters).

In general "cone is king" is because the average person has a cheap setup and it tends to be quickest, easiest, and cheapest to max out your available cone area before any of the other factors are looked at.. in general.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Now if you compare a pair of 12s to a single 15. The 12s will be louder on the same power. Even though the cone area is about the same. This is because there are two motors vs. one.

That is if they are set up in their OPTIMUM ENCLOSURES.

You can't say that 2 12s is ALWAYS louder than one 15 of the same model on the same power.

But you can ALWAYS say that 2 12s has THE POTENTIAL to be louder than one 15 of the same model on the same power.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Wow its assman havent seen you post in forever anything new with your build? I camt remember what the last thimg was 2 15s in a truck maybe the van is tight tjough

I have no system's anymore,i bought a jeep wrangler and playing with it,thinking about starting to hook it up tho

Assman Idustries

Fear The Duck

Team Notoriously Loud Mafia

duck.jpg
bannerfans_8aed9634.png

I have no system's anymore,i bought a jeep wrangler and playing with it,thinking about starting to hook it up tho

:popcorn: will there be a log?

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

displacement of the cone in such, all plays in factors of cone area. Even with a woofer that has more xmax will displace more air than others. They said its easier to get louder with more cone area because it pressurizes the cabin quicker and easier.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Archived