any Fishermen out there?

Little bit of everything man, back in FL we used to go often for dolphin. Now living in New Orleans I get to do quite a bit of fishing for trout, black drum, redfish and flounder. Occasionally if I don't have time to make a day out of it I'll go down to city park and catch a couple largemouth bass. I like to go out on the boat, but I'll fish from the shore, docks everywhere I can.

man dolphin is some damn good fish, wish I could catch it here.

mainly reds, trout, flounder and drum. my buddy got a pretty big drum and a max on reds just off a bulk head the other night. only using corner store dead shrimp.

and of course you always catch the hard heads lol

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Great Uncles boat. Ever since I was 5, we (my Dad, Dad's friends and my Uncle, and me) would go 15 or so miles out into lake erie (fresh water). We used down riggers, steel line, dipsy divers, and a bunch other stuff. Mainly fished for walleye. I would sleep on the ride out, as we woke up at like 5 am to go out, then once we were out we would stay out for like 10 hours. I loved it. So much fun reeling in 400+ ft of steel line just to find out if I caught a sheep head or a walleye. Unfortunately I haven't been able to go out the last 3 years since I have a job. I think one of the coolest things was once you get back on land, your body naturally sways back n forth for about an hour or so afterwords, due to trying to keep your balance in the 3-5ft swells for 10 hours.

that's the best kinda fishin...waking up early and stayin out there all day.

I love fishing! I fish the Everglades/canals/ponds for largemouth bass, shore or on my little whaler. I fish the intracoastal/spillways in my little boat or on docks for snook. Also fish inlets and piers for snook/Bonita. Couple times a year I fly to my uncles house in the Bahamas and fish for dolphin and yellowtail snapper. Spearfish too, catch lobster over there.

I usually fish at dam4. Its only about an hour from my house. I have a boat I usually go out on in the mornings or late nights if I have the time. Waters only about 20ft deep through the whole channel :)

whatkinda fishing is it? fresh? what kinda fish do you usally catch?

Fresh water, I usually wind up with a few small mouth bass and maybe a large mouth from time to time, I'm not very good, But I enjoy getting fun gear from my local Bass Pro and going out to give it a try, Plus the kids love it too.

I love fishing! I fish the Everglades/canals/ponds for largemouth bass, shore or on my little whaler. I fish the intracoastal/spillways in my little boat or on docks for snook. Also fish inlets and piers for snook/Bonita. Couple times a year I fly to my uncles house in the Bahamas and fish for dolphin and yellowtail snapper. Spearfish too, catch lobster over there.

man yall got such good fishing in florida! I wanna go some time and catch some snook and tarpon. ive only been offshore twice and neither were a good trip. a good friend of mine just got a new 33ft with twin 350s. offshore machine. hopefully I can go out with him a few times this summer

heres a pic of a "slot" red that i caught a few years ago. There's a shell bar that runs right in front or our dock. The reds usually feed up and down the bar. caught this one on 1/4 crab.

linnypics350.jpg

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

I havent been in some time but I love it. Mostly salt water, snook, reds and sheeps head, shark for fun. Most fun I ever had was tarpon fishing though. Snook fishing at johns pass in FL is one of my favorites though, get out there about 4am and stay til the next day in a boat just wettin lines

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

one of the reds we got the other night

B6797C72-D9B7-4D5E-8532-FFE94FF4B2A1-159

big drum my buddy nick caught, didn't measure or weigh just threw it back.

DF872B73-CD3A-461E-B8E2-B22EBE9ACC4D-159

and the start to rebuilding my collection, I figured if i bought a rack it would be motivation to fill it up lol

82F87DC0-2B17-464F-B906-3258D1F26C38-159

Reel is a H2O express Mettle RT-10BB63 in camo, rod is a H2O express RT70MH 7' in camo also, ass you can see I like camo a lil bit lol

lined with Berkley 12lb test

man yall got such good fishing in florida! I wanna go some time and catch some snook and tarpon. ive only been offshore twice and neither were a good trip. a good friend of mine just got a new 33ft with twin 350s. offshore machine. hopefully I can go out with him a few times this summer

thats weak, I saw this by my old house in Port Neches, rich fuckers lol

IMG_20110901_140033_zps249b9151.jpg

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

I dont do much fresh water fishing but heres a pic of a bass I caught when i was 17-18. I was fly fishing for bream with top water popper. At the same time i was throwing bread crumbs in feeding them. I hooked a small bream and got him close to the dock, i then put the rod between my legs and continued throwing bread. all the suddden big boy ate the bream and took off. I finally got him on the bank, went and took some pics and a safe return.

fish006.jpg

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

Archived