Second Skin Audio

4th order for three 15's

def loudness

I want some inputs/advice (LxWxD) to build a 4th order (band pass) enclosure. Utilizing 2- Crystal CMPX2 15's and 1-DD9515g. Limited to space cause I'd like to have my rear seats on my 88 4Runner. Maximum space would be 38.5Wx31Hx35D with my rear seats still available. Now, I'll be running two amps to power the subs...1-OptiDrive 4000d and 1-Audioque 3500d ( 1st version). The Crystal's will be wired .5ohms to the AQ3500 and DD9515 @1ohm to the OptiDrive 4000. Can I seal the three subs in same chamber or I'd have to divide DD from Crystal's? And can they have common port chamber? I don't really want to wall my Runner cause I use it for hunting too, rather have an enclosure that I can take out during hunting season. My calculation on space I mentioned came out to be 21.16cuft. Is that sufficient enough for my 4th order? And would I be able to fit all three subs in that and have a 1 to 3 ratio, as needed for the enclosure.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much fail! SO, here we go... 1.) Do not mix match subs 2.) Off the top of my head, you don't have enough room for 3 15's in a 4th 3.) Do not mix match amps as well. Want my advice? Build a nice ported box (4th order if you have room) for your 9515, and run it on the AQ amp. You'd be more than happy with it, and it's actually practical.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Well, I don;t know much about Crystal subwoofers, but from what i've read they seem really good. But like I've said before. Go with 1 or the other. Do the 2 Crystal's or the DD 9515. IMO, I'd run them on the AQ amp, alot better quality than the OPTI.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

And I've already got a ram-designs slotport box@36hz for my DD9515 already, I have ran my opti 4k to it' and now I just picked up thr crystal's and AQ3500 a week ago. And with my current box for the three subs @35hz, DD with ram-design box doesn't even come close to the loudliness and flexing as now. I just want to experiment with a 4th order...if it's gonna be louder.

Archived