Interested in rooting my galaxy s3

So I just picked up a Samsung galaxy over the weekend which for my first smart phone is so amazing. When I was in a charter school a while back I had a roommate who rooted his HTC phone and gained tethering and used his sprint service for everything, from just surfing the Web, gaming, and even using as a torrent box and pirating like a mad man. Now I have t-mobile and they have free tethering as a additional service which I did not get, however I am interested in tethering mine so I can use the Internet off of my phone to use on my laptop when I am out of the house and for some minor for torrenting . For those that are experienced in this could you guys give me some insight on this, I know it's possible, this is my first smart phone and I really don't know where to begin with this.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 3 months later...

Haven't done this yet, been thinking of just getting the S4 so I backed off on doing this if I try to sell it back or something. But my question now, rooting voids contracts or warranties? and is there anything I should watch out for when I am rooted, that I shouldn't do?

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I think for the every dayer there's almost no need to root. I haven't and my S3 is legit. Does everything I need it to and oh so much more

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I want ot root so I can tether.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I want ot root so I can tether.

"mobile hotspot". open up that app and move the slider to the on position and boom, tether your heart out. im running stock on the Galaxy S2 on T-mo so im pretty sure its on your S3 also.

EDIT: or just go to

1.settings

2.more settings(under wireless and network)

3.tethering and mobile hotspot

4.move slider to "on"

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

If you mean the stock apps they won't let you remove...I can see that, lol. There are like 6 stupid Google apps for videos, books, music and just stupid things I will never use but can't remove from the phone.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Well for me to be able to use the tether from t-mobile. I have to pay for it. Thus why I want to tether.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Under my plan there was no tether or mobile hotspot option to choose from with my data. It's just 2.5 gigs of 4G and after that its unlimited at 2G speed. Tethering was just a feature that comes with the phone. I called Tmo and asked if its any extra charge to tether and the answer was no. It just dips out of my data pool.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's