DC Power 270a Only Making 170@2000rpm On Escalade

Thanks for trying to help. The system would not play a sine wave at idle or 2000 rpm for 15 solid seconds without going into protect....because the alt is not charging at a high enough amperage to keep the amp alone running on a sine wave.

The battery alone should be more then capable of doing this...... with the truck off...if its still having problems and kicking protect your issue is not an alternator issue at all

i have an idea....maybe you guys could try calling/emailing DC....im sure they would know why more than the other people commenting here since they built it in the first place...and since it's still new, it has a warranty, and worst comes to worst, he has to send the alt in for repair....i would assume that they would pay shipping both ways since it is possible that they sent out a unit that failed due to some unforseen circumstance

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

No never that. Because DC power NEVER makes a bad product!

Just to be clear, this thread was not started to bash DC or their products. If the alt is bad, then so be it, I'm sure DC will make it right. I just don't want to send it back to them for repair until I am certain it is the problem.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

Thanks for trying to help. The system would not play a sine wave at idle or 2000 rpm for 15 solid seconds without going into protect....because the alt is not charging at a high enough amperage to keep the amp alone running on a sine wave.

The battery alone should be more then capable of doing this...... with the truck off...if its still having problems and kicking protect your issue is not an alternator issue at all

STFU already.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

Well a small 2 pin oval plug is a PCM controlled alt, with high beams on you bypass that right off the bat. You put the alt into "charge" mode from the PCM regardless of current demand. Throw AC on and clamp the alt at idle. It should be doing around 100 amps, and maintaining high voltage cold, low 14s to high 13s hot as fuck. It is a chevy they get hot.

Next sine wave test only, that will tell what the fuck is going on, as you ramp up volume slowly watch voltage and current, they GM internal alts have a delay in charging, that's a fact. If the alt is bad it won't be able to maintain voltage, but that is ASSUMING all of your connections are SOLID. Check and re check all of your ground and power connections and even remove them and clean them. If you can move the connection with your hand with force, it is weak as fawk!!!!

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Just to be clear, this thread was not started to bash DC or their products. If the alt is bad, then so be it, I'm sure DC will make it right. I just don't want to send it back to them for repair until I am certain it is the problem.

he's not bashing it. cody is being sarcastic because brian seems to think that a company can never make a mistake when building something and in turn ship a "damaged" unit.

I just posted the simple check for your issue. you stated the amp wont do a 15 second burp with the truck running. see if it does it with the truck not running. if it does the same thing as when the truck is running and goes into protect, your alternator is not the issue, something else is.

The d3100 alone should easily support that amp with the truck not running and doing a 15 second burp.

By no means am I saying dc power is a bad company or makes a bad product. I know for a fact they make a great product, customer service is lacking. But that's not the point.

I only said that because I'm sick of people nut hugging companies so much that anything bad said about the company is bullshit. Not everyone is fucking perfect. Companies make mistakes, so instead of fussing and arguing, man up and admit they could've made a mistake. Fuck.

/rant

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

he's not bashing it. cody is being sarcastic because brian seems to think that a company can never make a mistake when building something and in turn ship a "damaged" unit.

Im not even defending DC Power.... Im giving him reasons on why his alternator is not clamping out at 270amps, when there is clearly no reason for it to be making 270amps...

And FYI Ive been selling more MechMan alts for people recently then DC Power... lol

STFU already.

you mad bro? LOL

Archived