4.3l v6 sonoma ... whats this part?

i was putting my 300 amp alternator on yesterday and it was real cold out and i think when i was moving wires i broke this part off. with out the plug touching the 2 prongs sticking up it wont fire up. as soon as i found that the plug was broke and sat the plug on top it fired right up. so what is this part and how hard would it be to replace?

here is a closer view to kinda show what is broke

CAM00157_zpsceeb4204.jpg

and here is a pic to show were it at

CAM00158_zpscb605cc3.jpg

any help would be great thanks!

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

Looks like a sending unit, I think that is your water pump but i can;t tell for sure. If so then it's your temprature sending unit. If the vehicle still runs fine and your temprature gauge doesn't work anymore, you will know for sure.

Looking again i think that is going into the intake next to the radiator hose. Is that right?

Stil it seems like a temprature sending unit. But it may be an o2 sensor. If thats the case you will have to replace it. At best the engine will run rough if it starts

when i get paid tuesday ill try to go and take it out and get a detailed picture of the part]

EDIT i just read that the top of the plug looks just like that and it is right next to the radiator hose

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

Archived