pioneer firmware update?

so im pretty sure everyone with a pioneer head unit and an iOS6 device knows that the damn bluetooth wont work at all with it as far as showing you whats playing and being able to change songs ....and recently pioneer released the update to fix this issue ...im wondering if anybody else on SMD has tried to perform this update...because i did...and evidently although i performed the steps to a tee....something went wrong...the bluetooth just refuses to work....and ive got Error-10 showing up...does anybody have some knowledge they can share?...

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P4400BH?tab=firmware

this is the link to the update and the directions i followed and what not

I thought input it in the "general" section... And if you donor yourself your computer has to have Bluetooth and you have to be patient...once you get to where it says "updating" on the head unit you absolutely must leave it alone... If you interrupt that process it will ruin the Bluetooth module inside the head unit...this was my experience... I interrupted the last step because I thought it was taking too long and wouldn't work in the end... Now pioneer wants me to send it to them to fix for 95$

Archived