Badass 8 picture. Plan for new build. Hammer's budget fun.

Finishing my Enclosure  

62 members have voted

1. 1. How I should finish my enclosure, allowing multiple choice, please pick two max please.

• Fur
    • Bedliner, Trunk coating Black
    • Vinyl (black/gray)
    • Carpet
    • Splatter paint
    • Wood Veneer, wood vinyl (Pita due to box size/dims)

Skar b stock mayb? The lower lines or sundown e series they would be a lil over 1k for 4 but just a though it would be sweet

Even if I bought their blown e12's on yardsale and reconed them Im looking at about 400-450$..
the b stock is working just may have a scratch or so it says on sundown only

Link?

I've only seent he yardale thread with blown/qc failed stuff...rubbing VC/distorted high volume..If I could do 4e12's for 250$ or less I would be all over it.

should be do able, i bought 2 e 12s used for $130 for the pair.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have seen R2s a pair of 12s on a cheapo amp, it wasn't that bad...

but honestly the guy (i worked with) running it had them in a prefab box....

his setup before that was a RF P1 12 and a Kenwood 12...mismatches in the same box

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

sq sdc2, they arent in stock though.

Yeah I was looking at them but not in stock...

Im still searching....so far its Kenwoods or the Rockfords...because RMS = what I have and they are in stock...still looking though..

there is no rush as I have to sell my Skar vvx10 and T-line

plus start designing the enclosure

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

WP_20130301_010_zpsfa29cb35.jpg

Doors are just some MB Quart Components..eventually are going to Pioneer in fron and back. Used stock tweet location

WP_20130301_009_zpsad18b2f8.jpg

Cool audio cable I picked up off ebay..makes it cleaner when connection to head unit.

WP_20130301_008_zpsdd58aa06.jpg

My headunit and voltmeter...voltmeters not on right now. Also stock dash trim is grey in Canyon/Colorado..I redid it all black..looks better IMO

WP_20130301_002_zps63b8dbf1.jpg

My truck...Im thinking about Platidip it gunmetal grey and blacking out grille/tinted windows etc.

WP_20130301_004_zps0a194897.jpg

Box terminals

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I had 2 of those Rockford R2-D4s in an underseat box I wasn't really that happy with them, took me 3 months to decide I wanted more. I'm fairly happy with my4 RE Audio SRX10s on 1200watts but have plans for 2 18s in a 4th order blowthrough to keep them company next.

My Build Thread 2005 F150 : 2005 F150 Center Console Build

Center Console - 3.2 cubes @ 35hz

4 RE Audio SRX10s - Pure Audio 3000.1

8 6.5 Soundstream SME.658 - Soundstream TN4.900D

4 NX-5 Super Tweeters

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Good suggestion..didn't see those before..I'll check em out...I dig the trim rings I could paint that to match my truck.

Thanks for the help man.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Found the Kenwoods for 132 for 4 shipped...33$ a piece...specs look better than similar options from 150-200$..so I ordered em. I know they're cheap...thats the point. Super budget build.http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/kenwoodkfc-w12ps.aspx

Now its time to start on box design..imma start putting some stuff together in sketchup to see what I can come up with...

I'm thinking 1.5 cubes a piece after displacements/port. I want to go with a precision port...any recommendations on port size for 6cubes tubed 33hz

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Here i box specs I was thinking of..playing around with. Suggestions help comments are appreciated...I feel like it needs more port..but it is hard to get enough length with aeros...

The box dimensions are not what its going to be...not at all..but the volume is what I'm going to design it toward...its going to have complicated angles so it was easier to input a rectangular box into torres.

I feel like it needs more port area..but at the same time these aren't beast subs or anything..just 4 cheapy ass Kenwoods.

kenwoods4-12_zps01030f90.png

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Archived