Badass 8 picture. Plan for new build. Hammer's budget fun.

Finishing my Enclosure  

62 members have voted

1. 1. How I should finish my enclosure, allowing multiple choice, please pick two max please.

• Fur
    • Bedliner, Trunk coating Black
    • Vinyl (black/gray)
    • Carpet
    • Splatter paint
    • Wood Veneer, wood vinyl (Pita due to box size/dims)

Watching man... :nuts:

natesbanner-3.jpg
Fi/DC/SHCA/SMD fanatic
Some people talk about changing the world, others of us actually do it.

Violet's Build:
Dynomat Xtreme deadener (all doors and trunk)
(2) RF 200w circuit breaker
RF RCA's
VM-1
1/0 gauge welding lead
Big 3

Singer Hairpin Alt (blue)
7" touch screen HU (factory)
Diamond tweets

Mids (front) RF 6.5
Mids (rear) CVL64MBX
Massive 7 band EQ/Xover/line driver
Sky High 12 g wire & heat shrink for 1/0 g
DB Link/Sky High Ring Terminals
2 - Fi BL 12's
Ported box tuned to 32
DC 175.4
DC 2k
D2700 and XP950 XS Batteries
Project DB connectors/step downs
DD-1

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WP_20130128_003_zps50cf1ec0.jpg

WP_20130318_002_zps03fe7963.jpg

WP_20130318_003_zps47ee6938.jpg

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Re did all of my underhood wiring with solder on copper lugs and new battery terminals...Ill add some more pics tomorrow of that because Im not done with big 4 yet.

Got a DD1 CC1 combo and DD1'd everything too. My CC-1 wasn't working correctly so I have to get it looked at and maybe replace...so its all on hold until then.

But Im still gonna get the enclosure built and finished...plus my FREE two channel installed.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I know my little make shift amp rack is ugly...I used to have a Kinetik hc600 mounted on it too...but Im pulling that out and redoing it before i put my seats back in. It has to hold the PPI and my little Alpine 2channel. I want to mount a fan on either side as well. This next monday i start back at the college in woodshop so most of my updates will be that week.

Also the last pic...I wanted to use all Skyhigh wire...but I never eceived my power wire I ordered...so they said they shipped another section of it...but still no luck. My last trackng number update said it was delivered in Hemet Dafuq?....but my battery terminals and black wire I ordered from them came fine. And I have about 50ft of OFC audiotechnix laying around..so I used that instead..I didn't want to wait anymore.

In a few days if the Sky high wire shows up Imma throw 25ft of that and 25ft of Audiotechnix 4ga OFC up for sale for a good price shipped..all proceeds will go to Larrys95Civic's paypal to help him out...

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Got a few more pics. Im missing my grounds for the big 3...I jsut ran out of time the other day and couldn't intall them. I already cut the wire and soldered on my lug ends...its ready to go..just need the time.

Also I know my engine bay is dirty..we got rain..rain = desert mud here lol I washed my truck but am waiting till Im done with all this to really detail everything and my engine bay.

wiring_zps50ece6eb.jpg

I really like these battery terminals..So much better then my old ones with allen set screws.

Here is one of my grounds for big 3.

WP_20130320_006_zps5adb5489.jpg

Also my alternator + stud is a pain in the ass to get to. Stubby wrench and busted knuckles lol...but I got it on tight.

WP_20130320_0235_zps515c689b.jpg

Still waiting on my Deka battery to show up..been a week or so but its coming from far away. Once thats in Ill button up the rest of my electrical and clean that engine bay up...shit is fugly.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Looks really good man! Tuned in for sure :good:

Thanks man. Should be updates on the next week of my 2channel and box build

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

I wonder how the output of your t-line compares to mine. Mine is pretty flat from 24-55 Hz after I strengthened the loading areas with fiberglass; rolled off above 45 before.

Anyways, the build is looking good. The sky high shrink tubing adds a nice touch.

'79 El Camino

Skar VVX-10 in a t-line tuned to 26 Hz

Build log: Here

I wonder how the output of your t-line compares to mine. Mine is pretty flat from 24-55 Hz after I strengthened the loading areas with fiberglass; rolled off above 45 before.

Anyways, the build is looking good. The sky high shrink tubing adds a nice touch.

By ear( i don't have any real equipment to test output)..in my truck it peaks low 30's it feels like......I am running too much power though I can bottom the sub when playing at tuning . From high 30's on up its pretty flat till 50 then rolls off pretty quick..I have my LPF set around 80..so I am missing about 20hz in there. Im really happy with the T-line though..it amazes people who have never seen anythign but prefab lol

I really wanna try one of the new X10 form sundown on RMS power...with all that cone travel it would have to be louder then my vvx...but Im going with a budget build on the 4 cheapy 12's just to do it. Ill eventually rip it out and do something different again lol.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Archived