Mechman Alternators

My new Mechman Alt installed!

Belt has started squeeling until i have the car in 2nd or 3rd gear and the voltage stays in the 12's until i get to that point. Belt doesn't seem too tight or too loose. any suggestions?

Have you replaced your belt?

Belt has started squeeling until i have the car in 2nd or 3rd gear and the voltage stays in the 12's until i get to that point. Belt doesn't seem too tight or too loose. any suggestions?

I turned the idle up, did not fix it whatsoever. I have not replaced the belt. That will be next.

Could it possibly be that my batteries are dying and upon start-up the alternator is trying to charge them up and adding extra stress?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

I turned the idle up, did not fix it whatsoever. I have not replaced the belt. That will be next.

Could it possibly be that my batteries are dying and upon start-up the alternator is trying to charge them up and adding extra stress?

A new premium belt is a must when you have a high output alternator.

Belt has been replaced. still makes the squeeling.

did some tweaking, tightened a bolt that fastens it to the engine case, that helped a little. The tighter i make the belt, the shorter it squeels for. However, i already feel like the belt is way too tight. how tight should my belt be?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Belt has been replaced. still makes the squeeling.

did some tweaking, tightened a bolt that fastens it to the engine case, that helped a little. The tighter i make the belt, the shorter it squeels for. However, i already feel like the belt is way too tight. how tight should my belt be?

The belt will have to be fairly tight since it is a much higher output than the stock alternator. You may have to put an idler pulley on to help with belt wrap close to the alternator.

it seems i have the squeel fixed for now. I contacted you about a problem with a bolt stripped on the case and got an answer. I am now wondering how much it costs to get the pulley and plug changed to another vehicle? I am pretty sure i will be changing to a new vehicle in the soon months.

Edited by Afficionado