Its ok, we're google. You can trust us.

Say you where speaking to someone who was wearing google glass. Can you opt out of them recording you? In public, riding on a bus, anywhere, anything you say within earshot of google glass can be recorded and uploaded. Just add facial recognition and speech to text, and you have a searchable database of everyone who came in contact with that device with locations and times.

That'd be a negative ghostrider. (not referring to the member ghostrider here). Anyone has the right to film anyone on public property with or without your permission. So yeah. No opting out of that.

As far as trusting google, it seems that they're more-so on the consumer's side. Look at the government and look at Google. Now is Google 100% safe and on our side? No. But they're sad of America being oh so damn slow with internet speeds so look at KC. 1 gb/s. They've helped or supported the people against the government against some stupid policies or laws that almost came into effect with the government.

Sheena = pedobear

And seriously, why would google turn on it's audience and use their information for their own gain?? They're doing so good economically... It's like not trusting this forum because with it, Steve can track you're IP address and know where you are, but here you are still posting in this thread. Steve could easily abuse this information, but yet he doesn't. And you trust him. It's the same principle.

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Heros get remembered, but legends never die.

Say you where speaking to someone who was wearing google glass. Can you opt out of them recording you? In public, riding on a bus, anywhere, anything you say within earshot of google glass can be recorded and uploaded. Just add facial recognition and speech to text, and you have a searchable database of everyone who came in contact with that device with locations and times.

That'd be a negative ghostrider. (not referring to the member ghostrider here). Anyone has the right to film anyone on public property with or without your permission. So yeah. No opting out of that.

As far as trusting google, it seems that they're more-so on the consumer's side. Look at the government and look at Google. Now is Google 100% safe and on our side? No. But they're sad of America being oh so damn slow with internet speeds so look at KC. 1 gb/s. They've helped or supported the people against the government against some stupid policies or laws that almost came into effect with the government.

Oh I know that legally you can be recorded, but is it going to get to the point where you have to worry about every word you say? What if, 10 years from now, someone could pull up that info. "Well while you where walking down the sidewalk in front of the mall on june 12th at 4:56pm you where recorded as saying "I hate that fucker and I hope he dies". Did you mean that?

And yes, google is getting more powerful than the government itself.

And seriously, why would google turn on it's audience and use their information for their own gain?? They're doing so good economically... It's like not trusting this forum because with it, Steve can track you're IP address and know where you are, but here you are still posting in this thread. Steve could easily abuse this information, but yet he doesn't. And you trust him. It's the same principle.

It already does. Adsense makes them billions every year.

Say I look at a video card on google. Then I read a news article or browse reddit. I get ads from newegg for video card specials from google adsense.

What about that traffic info on your phone? Google takes GPS data and then converts it to see which cars have slowed down on the road.

If I go to sears, and I sit down while my kids are trying on shoes and open solitare, I get ads for craftsman tools. . . .

Speedway has a rewards program that tracks all your purchases, so they now know what you bought, where and when along with gas purchases or anything else and that is just one of the hundreds of companies that use something as a guise for tracking you and your information.

EDIT: Careful on what you sign your name to.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Oh I know that legally you can be recorded, but is it going to get to the point where you have to worry about every word you say? What if, 10 years from now, someone could pull up that info. "Well while you where walking down the sidewalk in front of the mall on june 12th at 4:56pm you where recorded as saying "I hate that fucker and I hope he dies". Did you mean that?

And yes, google is getting more powerful than the government itself.

I already sort've think you have to watch that. I mean look at Facebook and employers. Look at how there are quite literally cameras EVERYWHERE you go. I knew there were cameras at gas stations but today I went to safeway for gas ($3.39 vs $3.49 anywhere else) and visibly saw them. Never have before. So who's to say they don't have mics to pick up what you say? Or that your phone isn't constantly recording? And with the FBI/CIA/whomever listening in onto your calls and such watching for keywords? So technically, sort've already thought that you had to watch out 24/7 for what you say.

Steve doesn't have anything to gain really, unless it was hackers. Meanwhile Google could take a financial gain to sell information to the government. I mean Steve knows our IP addresses and names but that's about it. Google seems to know names, interests, banking information, so on and so forth. But it seems that Google stands up for us and their econimical pathway. Can't make money and be financially stable while you constantly screw over those who pay you and such. Eventually, it'll turn around and bite you in the ass.

So as far as this Google Glass thing, I don't think Google (not sure about other companies, but Google only) would sell information or whatnot to anyone, no matter the pressure they were given. I think it'd be at the most, like Youtube. You can find it, but you gotta search for it or whatnot.

Sheena = pedobear

It already does. Adsense makes them billions every year.

Say I look at a video card on google. Then I read a news article or browse reddit. I get ads from newegg for video card specials from google adsense.

What about that traffic info on your phone? Google takes GPS data and then converts it to see which cars have slowed down on the road.

If I go to sears, and I sit down while my kids are trying on shoes and open solitare, I get ads for craftsman tools. . . .

Ok, let me re-phrase that, why would they use people's information against them and risk losing business? I know they already profit with their personalized ads, but seriously, why should I be afraid that google knows my location? It's not like they're going to come and find me or anything...

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Heros get remembered, but legends never die.

i am not doing anything illegal so..........i really don't give a shit. If the government is interested in my bass video's and build photo's i say GREAT. I hope they subscribe. LOL

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Archived