Please answer my questions! thank you!

first result on google

http://www.mcsquared.com/mono-stereo.htm

aso check out

http://www.bcae1.com/

and

http://the12volt.com

both will help you with your questions

I didn't feel like reading the whole thing so I just skimmed threw the highlights

And that children, is a good possibilty as to this dudes lack of knowledge. Your gonna ask a question, then be given a great answer source, then not even be bothered to read it through. You are a fuck nugget.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

no offense bro but if you don't know the difference between stereo and mono, you should take your car to a qualified installer and not attempt to do it yourself, at least at THIS TIME.in the mean time, you can start out by googling the words "stereo and mono". :)

Yeah, I'm all little offended... I have watched your youtube videos over the years and always thought you were cool and respected you, I would like a little respect also.. I have been into car audio for may years and owned mmats jugs, re xxxs, and fi btls.. my systems put out spl from 145-152.3db with termlab on the dash playing music as daily drivers. I know how to wire the amps to the proper ohm loads, I have always used Old school MMATS amps and they were class d single channel. It would be nice if you answer my questions instead of insulting my intelligence.

is this serious?...you have hit over 150 yet don't know what mono/stereo are?....I call Bullshit!

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

^ I love Mr.Pistols of Whispers

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

LMFAO wow. I can see why Steve doesn't post much. What a baby!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

I just got this amp and cant find an onwers manual. Please read my questions below and help.

New MA Audio Hard Kore Series HK602SX

3600 Watt RMS 2 Channel Bridgeable Car Amplifier

Features:

Model: MA Audio HK602SX

Hard Kore Series 3600 Watt Bridgeable 2 Channel High Performance Car Amplifier

1 x 3600W RMS @ 1 Ohm Bridged

2 x 1800W RMS @ 0.5 Ohm Stereo

2 x 1200W RMS @ 1 Ohm Stereo

2 x 700W RMS @ 2 Ohm Stereo

2 x 400W RMS @ 4 Ohm Stereo

Fully Unregulated MOSFET Power Supply

1 Ohm Stable @ Mono

0.5 Ohm Stable @ Stereo

First what is stereo vs mono, I plan on using this amplifier to power a subwoofer or subwoofers.

Second what size fuse do I need? I'm going to be using 1/0 guage wire and a deep cycle battery.

What independence dvc subwoofer do I neeed to get full power out of this amp when briged.

I think I know the answers to these questions but wanted to play it safe. Please share your knowledge and help. Thank you!

"Stereo" is short for stereophonic. It is a way of creating directional sound by using more than 1 speaker. In the case of an amplifer, it means that it has more than 1 channel.

"Mono" is short for Monaural which means 1. in your case, 1 channel amplifier.

Most 2 channel amps can also be bridged to a mono (1 channel) amp. This is done by connecting both channels together to a common speaker.

Fuse- Fuses are calculated based on wire size as the point of the fuse is to protect from wires grounding out. Depending on length and wire type, a 0awg wire can draw anywhere from 250A to 350A constantly. So you would choose a fuse smaller than that. But not too small or the draw on that wire from your amp will blow it.

This is one reason Steve suggested using a pro installer. They would be trained on how to properly fuse a system for optimal performance and safety. It could be the case that your amp may not make as much power as rated, or that you need more than 1 length of 0awg to have it perform optimally. In that case, you would need more than 1 fuse.

Also, the amp is rated to make max power at 1ohm bridged to 1 channel. So you would use a woofer with either 1 1ohm coil, or 2 2ohm coils and wire in parallel.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

^ I love Mr.Pistols of Whispers

I try my best.

:twirl:

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived