Chevy Silverado 4X6 to 6.5?

Moreno93

Might be wrong thread.. But im wanting to swap out my 4X6's in the back of my truck to some 6.5 coaxial, maybe components. Has any one done this on there truck? I have a 2000 Silverado Ext cab. Or anyone in general done this to there car.?

I've been thinking of a pair of 3 inch full ranges to replace the single 4x6's on each side for me. Assuming your truck is a regular cab, OP?

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

i have an 04 extended cab i do not think they will not fit in mine the doors are to shallow. i would just find another set of 4x6 or find something that has a short mounting depth hope this helps!

Mounting depth wont be the hard part. Im trying to figure out how to make the whole bigger, to accommodate me putting in 6.5" speakers.

i have an 04 extended cab i do not think they will not fit in mine the doors are to shallow. i would just find another set of 4x6 or find something that has a short mounting depth hope this helps!

Mounting depth wont be the hard part. Im trying to figure out how to make the whole bigger, to accommodate me putting in 6.5" speakers.

im not sure it will fit with the door panel on hmm but i would just measure and try

too shallow and too narrow. Do a set of kicks of you want more speakers.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived