need advice upgrading my blazers interior speakers

des343

I have a 95 blazer Lt (4 door) I am going through and putting my system in I just got this and got rid of my car which in was going to put alpine type s 6.5 components in and type s 6x9s now I have this my plans are totally different and I'm in need of help on how to do it best..also what size speakers

I planed to amp the type s speakers up to a 4 channel which I already bought Jensen Power 760.4 (power7604) 760W Max 4-Channel Amplifier with

So that is what I plan to use I'm not looking to put a ton of money into them there are 3 sets in this thing but I do want solid sound and decent quality but not sure if I should or could hook all 3 arts to the 4 channel.

I have already bought and installed the dash speakers they are 4x6 kenwoods Kenwood KFC-4675C 4x6 2-way Car Speakers (No Grilles) I'm actually quite surprised how clean they sound and how well the bass is on them. I'm Happy with them

But I need help on what to put in the front and back doors was thinking component systems in each but then I can tell if I need 6.5 or 5 1/4 for them??

Any help and input would be awesome and I'm happy to provide any more info that I missed just ask!

Btw I will be putting my 4 12 inch w7s in at some point

The front should be 6.5" but you'll have to measure to be sure, good components up front and coax in the back. and there probly 5 1/4". you might want to think about another amp to run everything if you expect your mids & highs to keep up with 4 12s. Good dash speaker are great for highs sometimes. I put a set of T42s in my sons Tahoe with a P200-2 pushing them and they sound amazing. All i can say it take your time and get a design for you want.

ive got a 98 jimmy the doors both front and back are 6.5 ive got memphis pr series in mine on the sony deck and two mojo 12s their loud and clear.

1998 gmc jimmy

2 12 Memphis c3

mb quarts 1000.1

mb quarts 80.4

mb quarts onx 6.5 comps

Memphis pr 6.5s

2 runs of 0 awg cca to rear batt

2 lead acid batts

Well I have those 4x6 and I don't think they would be good on an amp honestly is it OK to have those hooked ton the hu and hook my front and back speakers to the 4 channel?

And if I go with the alpine type s comps sets those are 80 Watts RMS each the amps birth sheet states 75 Watts RMS each channel at 4 ohms. So it would be perfect but idk if the backs are 5 1/4 or 6.5 or ifni can fit 6.5 if they are currently 5 1/4

Or what to do with the 4x6

Keep them hooked up to the HU if you think they sound good now. And if the backs are 6.5 then your good to go with 2 sets of what ever you want. But IMO you should run better speakers up front(comps) and so coax in the back. Your really not going to hear much of the back(rear fill) and you want your front stage loud & clear. But its your build so what ever makes you happy.

my 4dr blazer im using 6.5" front and rear doors no modifications too fit them and used 4" kicker ds with 4x6plates and honestly it sounds preety good off cdplayer but if it was me with some cash id do set of 6.5 infinity kappa components up front with the 4x6 dash speaker removed and place tweeters there and then do infinitys rear doors just coax and run all of it off your amplifier should be preety loud and clean.. try too run all new wireing so u dont gotta mess with the stock wireing where your stock 4x6 and stock front 5.25 are on the same wireing so automatically makes it 2ohm load with aftermarket speakers on front stage.

----------- no more blazer-------------

New ride 2000 s10 ext cab xtreme zq8 v4a

4.3 jba headers,pcm4less tuned,nv3500 5spd,8.5" diff,ported/polished heads

makes good daily driver not a racecar lol

system:

pioneer 7200hd deck,kenwood kfc708 with jl xd400.4

stinger 2gauge wire

mtx thunder 1501d

custom built box myself ported 3.13 slot port 40hz (2) 10" re audio sexv2d2- may do sxx upgrade soon after tune the sex first

kicker 4x6 cs dash.

Thanks ya I though about infinity but I wanted to get them from a retail shop I went to ABC they don't sell infinity since they are discontinued I'm gonna go with the 4x6 Kenwood up front hooked to the hu and do 6.5 comps alpine type s in front doors and back and amp them up. They alpines should b nice on an amp I think

Archived