help comp set issue!?

des343

I just installed a set of 6.5 comps on my blazer they are the alpine type s. I amped them to a 4-channel

The crossovers are inline crossovers I am fairly sure i wired everything right I wired the crossover to the tweeter then wired it to the + and - to the + and - of the speakers and then used the other 2 terminals + and - so I power everything up the 6.5 mid sub was working and pounding away butnibheard NOTHING from the tweeters so I turned the gain up on the amp and they started making really weird popping/ crackling sounds but no music and those sounds are even very faint

What could I have done wrong? In could have wired them wrong but can imagine how ?

Please help me first time ive ever dealt with comp sets

Im new to this so, i dont have alot of imput, i would double check all wiring again as per manual. Turn your gains all the way down and make sure Amp and HU crossover is correct..I have been told 100hz...

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Thank u I plan to rip it all back down and double check working I'm almost certain its right but always worth checking. And I missed with all the different gains on the amp it changed the sound from the tweeters but still bad sounds and not musical

Okay I'll do that and check them. But as far as the gains go I tried high pass and full pass which is what I tried first and tried messing with the frequency gains I got different tones but none were musical or good sounding

As far as blowing them the amp does 75 RMS a channel the speakers are 80 or 85 RMS so that shouldn't be the case..also the fact of they were hooked up for only minutes while in was playing with the amp trying to get the tweets to work. And I never turned the gains on the amp all the way up so if they are blown they came in the box that way...hope thats not the case :/

To wire components they will always have an input + and - which you will use to hook your amp to, from there you will have mid output + and - which you connect to the mids and finally the tweeter output which you connect + and - to, if you didn't wire exactly like that then you have it wired wrong and possibly blew something.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived