XS Power

What amperage to charge at with XS charger?

I know this has probably been asked before but what is the proper amperage setting on the charger to charge a d2700 or xp3000? 5, 15, or 25? Thanks. I charge them individually as they are being stored indoors right now.

Edited by Amart88

I hear 15 amps because that's what the XS Power charger charges at

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Does it really matter? Whenever I put a single batt on it never charges at 15a anyways. It's usually less than 10a. The intellicharger lowers the amperage depending on how much of a charge the battery needs. You'll notice when you turn it on.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

15amps for a single battery is optimal charge rate.

You are correct Hunters21w. The intellichargers will increase and decrease the charge current depending upon what the battery needs, but it will not go over the amperage you have it set to. The 5amp setting will charge it up, but will take longer. The 25amp will charge it up faster, but will not get a good deep charge while charging one battery. 15amp gets a good deep charge while still charging at a good rate and not taking forever.

The 25amp setting is better when charging a couple of batteries or more, because you are dividing the amperage between the battery bank. It also work best for the racers that need to charge their batteries quickly between each race.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

Quick question though, lets say you have 1 battery you want to fully charge as fast as possible. You put it on 25a, but it is only charging it at 10a. Would it charge any quicker than just dropping it down to 15a?

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400