Sundown Audio

Amp for 2 12" DC Level 3's

bass4thetruck

I am buying 2 12 inch level 3s and i dont know where to start to look for a amp, i know that DC's subs can handle over the rms all day and i would like to run more then the 900watt rms but i cant tell if a amp is good. for example i know if it says 3000 watts but it doesnt say rms that its not really 3000 watts, but im looking for a good amp that is going to let me get the best out of my subs.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not buy a DC amp.... Lol... Just don't buy boss and planet audio amps for your subs.. please...

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

Why not buy a DC amp.... Lol... Just don't buy boss and planet audio amps for your subs.. please...

i am thinking about dc amp, i just ask a rep for the price and i know not to buy boss and shit like that

I am buying 2 12 inch level 3s and i dont know where to start to look for a amp, i know that DC's subs can handle over the rms all day and i would like to run more then the 900watt rms but i cant tell if a amp is good. for example i know if it says 3000 watts but it doesnt say rms that its not really 3000 watts, but im looking for a good amp that is going to let me get the best out of my subs.

If you don´t know if them are doin rated, look at the fusing rule by thump 100 amp of fusing = 1 K watt RMS.

I guess you a SoundQubed (before AQ) 2200 or a Crescendo 2 K, or the said DC 2 K.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

i push my to the limits running 2 apsm 1500's to my lvl 3's with 4 coils

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

If you don´t know if them are doin rated, look at the fusing rule by thump 100 amp of fusing = 1 K watt RMS.

I guess you a SoundQubed (before AQ) 2200 or a Crescendo 2 K, or the said DC 2 K.

i was told to run no more then 1.7k though..

Who told you not to run more than 1.7K?

DC 2k is perfect for a pair of Lv 3's

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived