Second Skin Audio

Opinions on design please

I'm trying to plan what to do for a build and was needing some of your more experienced people to help out. I have a 2008 Chevy trailblazer and plan to go with 15" subwoofers. I want to run either 3 or 4 15s. If I go with 3 then I can have enough room to fire the port towards the hatch. If I do 4 then I will have to do a subs up port up design with the port firing towards the roof. My question is which setup would be more efficient for numbers and sound quality. Subs will be SQ hdc3 or American bass HD. Thanks for your time.

you can totally fire the port toward the rear. you have plenty of space...

Yes I can if I go with 3 subs instead of 4 bc I can make my box 28" long but if go with 4 then the box will be 34" long which is right up against the gate.

Yes I can if I go with 3 subs instead of 4 bc I can make my box 28" long but if go with 4 then the box will be 34" long which is right up against the gate.

make it just a hair shorter then. and a bit taller to make up for lost space

make it just a hair shorter then. and a bit taller to make up for lost space

I thought it was recommended to have 4-6" of space between port and gate or there would be loading issues. Is that wrong?

i've never ran into that problem. put the port on the botton of the box just like you would with the design shown with the 3...thatwould give you a bit of space between port and hatch. thats what i've done and seen done....

Archived