Sundown Audio

Need mids and tweets for 100.4d

What I was thinking is 4 tweets total on channel 1-2. Two tweets per side.. 4 ohm wired down to 2 ohm to get a good amount of power to them.. So 2 tweets per side and use the crossovers in the amp to filter out the unwanted freq.

Then use the 3-4 channel to power 4 mids and as the same as above an use the crossovers and wire down to 2 ohm to get a good amount of power to them and be able to control the gain levels separate on the tweets and the mids ...

Does this sound like a good plan or am I missing something?

The amp is the 100.4d so it can be used as two separate amps and has the crossover control I think I need

I'd luv to get the sa6.5's but at 200 a set I'm not sure I can swing that much... Do I have any other options?

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

That's exactly how I run mine basically just less speakers. Sounds good man get wiring!

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Ok so I have made room in the budget for 2 sets of the SD sa 6.5 component sets .

So now my question is how much power do they like and would it be better to use the 100.4 crossovers or use the supplied crossovers that come with the components and just run them off each channel @100rms to each side?

I was thinking since a lot of the dubstep music I've listen to goes from left to right and back to front and if I wired down to 2 ohms ( tweets off channel 1+2, and off the front preout set and the mids off channels 3+4, and off the rear preout sets) I would loose some of the stereo effect over running them off each channel separately ..

Would the extra power be worth it of having each channel separate for the stereo imaging be better??

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

You can do that, just back the gain off on the tweeters channels so you don't over power them.

Edit: for your second question, you would lose that effect but it would all come down to personal preference. Try it, if you don't like it just go back.

Edited by RooTxBeeR
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

You can do that, just back the gain off on the tweeters channels so you don't over power them.

Do what??

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

Do what??

Run the tweets off the first two channels. Just back the gain off with the tweets to power them properly.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

You don't think I'm loose any sound quality by not having separate front to back separation ?

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

Read my edit. I said you would lose that stereo effect. But with a good Front stage you may not need rear fill.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yea I'm pretty sure ill want that stereo effect now the more I think about it ...having that music sound like it coming from different ways is what makes listening to that type of music so kewl I think...an I'm really going for sound quality this time around... Just hope 100rms is enough to make them sound great

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2