Mechman Alternators

Mechman 320a on a 5.7 chevy sports car

This Is a short clip of my first experience with a h/o upgraded alt. Biggest Is not always better. In my case I can compromise racing my engine because I have another car that I can do that in minus the hundreds of pounds of audio equipment that I have...the point of this video is to really consider the turn-on speed of a high output alt....will it suit your everyday driver or is it a weekend driver built for demos??? Most likely if its a daily driver you will be better off going with a lower amp version alt. For better idle performance...my 320a will smack you in the face with its higher r.p.m. output but it is not recommended for a daily driver....at least not a 5.7 with a 7inch. Crank

Thanks for the video man! The turn-on rpm / idle output is a very important thing. You are right that bigger are not automaticly better.

I have also "only" a 180A/200A HO Singer (stock 90A) with stock pulley. Since there is no speed limit here, its good to can drive with >155mph and dont need to worry about the alternator.

Optima is good choice, have it too.

Best regards from Munich

Bari

Mercedes-Benz SLK 230

Pioneer P99 | Helix DSP Pro | DLS Scandinavia 6/2 | Audison Thesis MT 3.0 | Micro Precision Z-28MKII | Hertz Mille 2500.3 | Steg K4.02 | Steg K2.03 | 2x Steg K2.02 | Optima YT 3,7 & 2,7 | Helix DPC | Brax IPC | Stinger HPM | Audison Sonus | Big 5 | 0 & 2 Gauge |

• 2 weeks later...

That's good to know as I am about to upgrade my alt in my lt1 camaro. Considering my red line is 7k, and I idle at 700.

1994 Camaro Z28

Skar ZVX 18D2 5.0cuft box 8" port tuned to 36h

AQ2200 on the Skar

PG V754 on the doors kenwoods for now

All knukonceptz 1/0 power and ground

Duralast platinum H8 battery in the back stock 140 amp alt for now

YouTube is pdx94z28