new computer build! pics last page

Ehh if you don't know how to overclock I would hold off on it for a bit. GPU overclocking is pretty easy though. You will need to download FurMark 1.9.2 and MSi Afterburner first though. For Furmark, set the resolution to full screen and your screens resolution. Then make Anti-Aliasing on 2X MSAA and for options make sure only Burn In is checked. Then click the big BURN IN test button. Let it run for 5 minutes while watching your temperatures. Make sure temperatures don't go above 70C. Continue to watch your screen closely, looking for artifacts/tearing/black streaks.

If you don't notice anything like that and temperatures are checking out fine, go to MSi Afterburner, increase the Core Clock slider by 20. Then click save, then click 1, then click Apply Overclocking at startup. And then hit apply. The new overclock will be applied to the card. Then go test again in Furmark, doing the same thing, test for 5 minutes, watch temps and screen. Rinse and repeat. Soon you will hit a wall. Where you will get artifacts/tears or simply you will be getting too hot. You will then need to back the core clock off by intervals of 5 until it is solid.

Once that is done, core clock will be set to its max safe daily settings. Then you will need to do the exact same process for the Memory Clock slider. But MAKE SURE you overclock Core Clock first, and not the Memory clock first. You can adjust the fan speed slider to whatever speed you find desirable. Mine is set at 50% all the time. Since it gets too loud at anything above that.

Let me know if you need any help.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Ehh if you don't know how to overclock I would hold off on it for a bit. GPU overclocking is pretty easy though. You will need to download FurMark 1.9.2 and MSi Afterburner first though. For Furmark, set the resolution to full screen and your screens resolution. Then make Anti-Aliasing on 2X MSAA and for options make sure only Burn In is checked. Then click the big BURN IN test button. Let it run for 5 minutes while watching your temperatures. Make sure temperatures don't go above 70C. Continue to watch your screen closely, looking for artifacts/tearing/black streaks.

If you don't notice anything like that and temperatures are checking out fine, go to MSi Afterburner, increase the Core Clock slider by 20. Then click save, then click 1, then click Apply Overclocking at startup. And then hit apply. The new overclock will be applied to the card. Then go test again in Furmark, doing the same thing, test for 5 minutes, watch temps and screen. Rinse and repeat. Soon you will hit a wall. Where you will get artifacts/tears or simply you will be getting too hot. You will then need to back the core clock off by intervals of 5 until it is solid.

Once that is done, core clock will be set to its max safe daily settings. Then you will need to do the exact same process for the Memory Clock slider. But MAKE SURE you overclock Core Clock first, and not the Memory clock first. You can adjust the fan speed slider to whatever speed you find desirable. Mine is set at 50% all the time. Since it gets too loud at anything above that.

Let me know if you need any help.

I second holding back on the overclocking. If you really don't need it all it is is added heat.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I bet if you read through it you would probably find the reasons as to why.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Dude needed some help.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Ya right now I only have the one fan so I won't risk it. But I probably never would anyways. Just for like the 3dmark score nothing else unless I was rendering high end things. Which probably won't happen. But what you guys think of it all so far?

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

Overclocking can actually provide a very nice boost in games and such. But I say learn a little bit more about it before you even try. Just research. Linus Tech Tips on youtube is a good place to go.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Archived