Second Skin Audio

Check this crap out!!! Last page

You know I will be looking for a demo when this is done. Old school RF and a blowthrough in a Chevy. I like the fact your trying to keep the SQ also. 2 or 4 subs it will be badass.

I know right... 2 15s and SQ, CRAZY. I'm going to deaden the hell out of EVERYTHING and see how we sound

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Tuned in. Consider mounting the subs inverted for cooling and stuff the ported side.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Tuned in. Consider mounting the subs inverted for cooling and stuff the ported side.

Yeah I remember Ray always suggesting stuffing the sealed side TIGHT. Ive gotten the greatest info on this forum HotDog and Bkolfo for these subs in specific. Im surprised that such old school big subs need such little airspace. I'll start a build thread when I finalize a design and start building the enclosure. I need to figure out exactly what I want out of this recone before I am totally swset on plans.

It's crazy how opposed to this blowthrough idea I was at first. I think I've justified it by compensating with a Clean ass build. Im going to trim panel everything so it looks like the truck came factory with a hole in it.

I want to thank all so far that have helped this idea along with information, encouragement, or the ones who's HANDS will actually help with this ;p

Im actually the process of looking over what HotDog has sent me and also trying to model something of my own up in BBP6. I may check it in WinISD also to double check. It's no more than a digital design and a few sketchups so far. I've got ideas on Frenching the amps into the false back wall. it will be wrapped in a faux leather and the port will seamlessly mold into that back panel. My idea is to make it look like GM placed that hole there, not me.

Archived