Sundown Audio

Differences between X AND Z SUB

The x line is a brand new line. Subs range from 8"-18" and are on Pre order until April the 15th. The 8" isn't quite ready for Pre ordering yet. The Rms ratings are 750-1750 and will be more on the lines of a sq sub. The Z4's will handle 2000-2500w, have more excursion, and the enclosures will be a slight bigger than the other lines.

1 pr Sundown Audio Sa Cs 6.5 component set

1 Sundown Audio sax 125.4

4 Sundown Audio sa8v2's

2 1500's strapped to 2ohms

1 Tenney 270 alt

The x line is a brand new line. Subs range from 8"-18" and are on Pre order until April the 15th. The 8" isn't quite ready for Pre ordering yet. The Rms ratings are 750-1750 and will be more on the lines of a sq sub. The Z4's will handle 2000-2500w, have more excursion, and the enclosures will be a slight bigger than the other lines.

lol

E34 540iT/6

So the X is more geared for a lower wattage system! (Like what i have 2.5-3.5k) And the Z WOULDN'T be happy with anything under 5k?

Not really..X is around 1250rms. Zv4 is 1750. Thinking you "need" over 5k to run a Zv4 is just dumb.

Edited by fritosaregood

more lies.. the X is 10" to 18" rated at 1250 rms, the Zv4s are 1750rms.

I wanna see the next nightshades with that new basket surround combo...mmmmm

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

holy misinformation.

x line is 1250 rms

z line is 1750 rms.

the x has a "mini-Z" style motor... 190mm magnet vs. 220mm on the Z series / 66mm tall stack vs. 75mm tall stack / thinner steel / less expensive round wire coil vs. flat wire in the Z.

^ direct from jacob.

but that being said IIRC he put a SAZ-2500 to an x proto, and maxed out the amp without the sub playing free air.