Lancer DC trunk install. 137db...for now. lots of pics!

sorry guys, but everything is on hold for the summer. this is my rock climbing season and i climb every other day. when it cools down i will build my dream box and port it into the cabin.

meanwhile this DC is beating hard still! i know it has to be louder than when i metered it. when it was metered it wasnt even a week old or broke in at all. now it is broken in and pounding harder then ever. i don't even bother to put my rear view mirror up any more. i use to not turn it up all the way either (all the way after dd1 that is) because the sub got really hot, but now it takes it fine.

also the bass almost took my spoiler off the other day.... again. it was down to 2 out of 5 nuts hanging on.

have a good summer everyone! i will still be checking in here, but i just won't be doing any work to my car.

well i failed...... i let my friend hook up his phone and play music in my car (which i usually never let people do). i really wanted to hear this band he was playing. we were on the freeway and we started bumping some grimey electronic music from pandora. i was hauling ass through some curves going downhill through some mountains so my driving needed my attention, and i guess i wasn't realizing how far my friend was turning it up... i wouldn't turn streamed extreme bass music all the way up normally. next thing i know i smell a bad smell of what i thought was a trucks brakes so i kept hauling ass and flew by the truck and i still smelt it. right after that there was no bass and i just about shit myself when i realized what that smell was. i pulled over and popped the trunk and smoke was lingering in my port :( pushing on the cone i can feel the coil hitting the motor bad.

i'm broke right now. i did a bunch of work on my car a while back to make it run better and pass smog and i bought the best of the best for parts. long story short about 6 months later $700 worth of those new parts failed or broke for no reason. all of them had warranties and i sent all the parts back ($100 to ship it all), but i still had to buy brand new parts in the mean time so i could drive my car. i wont hear back on the warranties for a while, but i might be able to afford a recone after i get some money back.

i might even recone to a 12 and build a box for it that that is ported through the seat. i know with a 12 i can fire toward the rear, and i know from past experience with this car that rear firing is the loudest configuration. with a 15 i have to fire up because i cant fit a box with it firing back.

hell i might even wait a little longer and save my money and sell my blown 15 and get 2 12" DC level 3's or M1 level 4's....i'm so indecisive..

well, back to my old 12 for now...

damn dude that sucks I'll keep that in mind and stick to my rule that noone touches my radio in my car but me

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

• 1 month later...

well i just ordered a 12" basket and recone. i really want the sub facing back and i cant fit a 15 facing back in my trunk so i will see how a 12 does. for the time being i will use the box my old 12 is in (the one in the pics on page one) and i will probably reinforce the outside of the box with 2x4's. after i do some testing i will build another box.

• 2 months later...

well i've been slamming this XL 12 for a little bit now and it's been doing 'ok' in the box i have (1.5cft 35hz). last night i got bored though and built a 10" external port for my box and threw a couple 2x4's on it to reinforce it. i am now tuned to 30hz and this shit got a LOT louder!!! it is as loud if not a bit louder than when i had this speaker as a 15.

i'm getting louder one step at a time. it is taking some playing around, but that's what it's all about right?

WP_20131123_001_zps2e12ff47.jpg

WP_20131123_002_zpsc3fcda77.jpg

WP_20131123_003_zpsa5a3e98c.jpg

Archived