the shop has metal walls? if there are ribs on the inside you could put wood panels over the whole shop and fill the pockets left over with sand. then do carpet over the wood. that should do a lot of good.

it's a 18 x 20 metal carport cover that's closed in an converted to a shop

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This post would have been much more efficient if you would have started with what you are planning on doing and then in the same post told everyone to not worry about posting legitimate options, you are going to ignore them anyway.

explain to me the point in your post? You offered nothing but negative garbage! I read what every person said . No mater what the topic is there's always someone like you trying to find something wrong with it an pick it apart. What did you prove? So you feel better? Does it make you feel big? Tell me for real bro I don't get it

the shop has metal walls? if there are ribs on the inside you could put wood panels over the whole shop and fill the pockets left over with sand. then do carpet over the wood. that should do a lot of good.

it's a 18 x 20 metal carport cover that's closed in an converted to a shop

I think your going to find it very hard to sound proof this to be honest bro, oh and do you have concrete floors or just dirt?

Yea I figured a metal building would be hard to sound proof. That's one reason I thought about the spray foam to help with flexing an rattles. The heavy rubber Matt's are a good idea too. Y'all keep the ideas coming tho ! Good ideas being talked about.

With dirt floors your going to be fighting a losing battle no matter how much deadening you do. I've worked in shops that were connected to other business's and no matter how much we have dampened, deflected or sealed sound always gets out some how. If you have already had that many disturbance calls I'd find a way to bribe the neighbors lol. Throw them all a party or do like I do now and find a nice spot in the middle of no where to test an tune. I've had cops show up way out there but just to see what the hell was so loud lol. I actually got a install job off of one of the state cops that has come to my disturbance call. lol

The cops are realy cool about it to be honest they only came 5 times out of 80 plus calls. Said they hated to even bother me about it but all my neibors threatened to sue the sheriffs dept if they didn't stop me . I've lived here 7 years with no problem till last october. Not sure what happened but no more loud music at my house lol. I had a good run tho

Find out your local laws ( Noise Ordinance ) and get on the good side with the people that live close to you...Keep it within those limits durring the day ....And fuck em... I talked to all the people around me and gave them my number, if i bother you let me know and ill stop...There is one dickhead that calls the police, here and there and yet he fires up his harley at fuckin midnight and reves his vetts in the garage through out the night...I never call on him...I never get tickets neither. Some people i feel like they profile you (ME) for the music we listen to etc..I hate people that do that, to pussy to say hey turn that shit down...Learn your laws, and play by the rules man..Pull a noise permit theres nothing they can do then and there cheap..

Note, i dont piss people off just because. I go out of my way to be polite and nice to all. I dont want OP around me to hate me because of my music...But there is always 1 or 2 people that think they run the town,and know more people then you < I pay taxes just like them..You fuck with me...Im going to play back, Hence the permit thing ...Good luck on the deadning

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

haha, damn dude my bad!! I got quote twice too :(

I was definitely going for humor there, not assholeness. Though, now that I read HOW I wrote it, it was straight up assholeness. my bad!

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

lots of foam ... lots of it and dont make the foam flat ... use corrugated foam to break up the sound wave and absorb it

Archived