NFL eliminates "Tuck Rule"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/20/the-tuck-rule-is-no-more/

It’s much too late for the Raiders, but the Tuck Rule has been wiped out.

The NFL owners voted Wednesday to wipe out the Tuck Rule at their meetings in Phoenix. With the rule eliminated, quarterbacks who pump fake and lose the ball while trying to bring it back into their torso will be deemed to have fumbled. Before the change, such a play would be ruled an incompletion.

We led with the Raiders because the Tuck Rule will always be linked to their AFC Divisional Round game against the Patriots in 2002. It was a little-discussed rule until Tom Brady was ruled to have thrown an incomplete pass after dropping the ball when he was hit by Charles Woodson of the Raiders. The Patriots drove for a game-tying field goal, won the game in overtime and went on to win the Super Bowl.

That game was a long time ago and there haven’t been a spate of high-profile instances of the rule being used in subsequent years, but the league obviously decided that the Tuck Rule had outlived its usefulness.

As a Raider fan I'd just like to add that Tom Brady is still a giant douchebag.

I don't watch football..but I will attest to the fact that every aquantance I have that is a "Raider fan" is a douchebag. I used quotes because they are not true fans..and probably can't name players. They more then likely are only fans because they dig the colors haha. If you can name at least 4-5 players I deem you a real fan and most likely are not a douche.

I don't see why they would even have that rule. I know enough about football that it seems unfair to me. You drop the ball=fumble in my book..don't be pussy and drop it if you don't want to lose it.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Let's see, am I real Pats fan? Brady, Woodhead, Lloyd, Gronk, Hernandez, Talib, Chung... 7, so I must be good. Just sayin.

But as far as the tuck rule and why they would have it? It's like losing your grip. Now every play is different and such but imagine pump faking and you accidently throw it because you lost your grip. why would that be a fumble? Should be incomplete. But of course, they're talking when they're being hit and that's causing the ball to come out so hence fumble.

And as far as pussy, ok, let's see you stand up to some of these guys, take these hits, and hold onto that. Good luck. Lol.

What about that whole offensive now being equal to defensive rule thing? Where before, RB and such could lower and hit with the crowns of their helmets. now? penalty. Just like the defense. But, I honestly think what the defense can and can't do, should be same for offense. I have NEVER understood how the defense can get facemask but offense can't (unless OL obviously, illegal use of hands). But how many RB or whatnot do you see grab the defense's facemask and all good? Sure, they're not tryin to bring them down with it but still...

Sheena = pedobear

Archived