High output alt for 2008 escape?

Alright, so I'm just starting look into future options for my stereo. I figure a little background info might help. Right now I'm running a 15" FI BL fully loaded with a Kenwood 9105D at 1ohm which is about ~900 or so RMS. I don't have anything special in terms of electrical yet, but I am looking to go the route of 2 DC Level 4 15s and running about 3500 rms to them. I've literally looked every single place I can find online for a high output alt and can't find anything to fit my car. I have a 2008 Ford Escape 3.0L V6. Anyone have any ideas or know where I should look around?

DC Power made a 270xp to fit my 10' Escape. I have the 2.4 4cyl. They should be able to make one for yours too. Call and ask Mechman as well.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

DC power or Mechman are going to be your best bet. More expensive, but you get what you pay for.

And completely off topic, but your name is oddly similar to mine

If the alt is on the bottom of the engine, have fun swappin it, youll want a hoist to use thats forsure

Yeah, I looked earlier and of course it is. My Sunfire took me about 2 hours to get the positive bolt off my alt for my big 3, and then of course this car has to be even worse.

If the alt is on the bottom of the engine, have fun swappin it, youll want a hoist to use thats forsure

No need for hoist... remove passenger tire and wheel well shielding to get you room, removing drive belt will be a lot easier this way. If your alternator has a ventilation shield on it like mine did you will want to remove that before taking off the alternator. After unbolting the alternator it will slide easily through the top...

edit Noticed you said your was a 2008 v-6... but i would think it would be just about the same except you would remove the drive belt from the top center and drop your alternator from the bottom at the passenger side wheel well.

Even better!

Just looked through your Escape build and I like, Similar to what I've been thinking of doing. I would love to go bigger than the 15" level 4s but I have a feeling that will be far too out of my price range with everything I'm wanting to do with the car.

Archived