Sundown Audio

Has anyone used the Alpine MRX-M240 looking for some reviews

lilflippy

Never ran the amp but it gets good reviews and would power the Type Rs nicely with a little headroom.

06 pontiac grand prix

alpine ida x100

rf t2 comps

rf t1500, t400-2

knu 0

big 3

xs d3400

oct 11 tentatively: 2 obsidian 18 v2's

I've seen the MRX-M240 birthsheet at near 2800 watts, thats a little much for type R's. I wouldnt trust them to be very underrated. Id stick with something closer to 2k, like an AQ 2200 or Crescendo BC2000 or Sundown 2k

1990 300ZX

Alpine MRX-M100

RE SE 12's

Alpine CDE-121 Head Unit

Alpine Type-S 6.5" Components

Alpine KTP-445

Soon to come:

Alpine CDE-136BT

Big 3 with Knu Kolossus

XS Power Batt up front

HO alt

Crescendo BC2000

SSA Zcon 15

Crescendo Concerto speaker amp

Crescendo mids and super tweeters

Dont listen to this clown, all of the amps he suggested do 1300rms or less @2ohms :noob:

I've seen the MRX-M240 birthsheet at near 2800 watts, thats a little much for type R's. I wouldnt trust them to be very underrated. Id stick with something closer to 2k, like an AQ 2200 or Crescendo BC2000 or Sundown 2k

06 pontiac grand prix

alpine ida x100

rf t2 comps

rf t1500, t400-2

knu 0

big 3

xs d3400

oct 11 tentatively: 2 obsidian 18 v2's

Dont listen to this clown, all of the amps he suggested do 1300rms or less @2ohms :noob:

Lol sorry I didn't realize at first that they were D2's. The m240 is a fantastic amplifier but I still think its a bit much for two type R's. But if you stay conservative with the gains you might be alright

1990 300ZX

Alpine MRX-M100

RE SE 12's

Alpine CDE-121 Head Unit

Alpine KTP-445

Soon to come:

Alpine CDE-136BT

Big 3 with Knu Kolossus

XS Power Batt up front

HO alt

Crescendo BC2000

SSA Zcon 15

Lol sorry I didn't realize at first that they were D2's. The m240 is a fantastic amplifier but I still think its a bit much for two type R's. But if you stay conservative with the gains you might be alright

Of course he will be alright. You can always turn any amp down, you'd be surprised how much more you can squeeze out of your equipment with headroom too. I doubt that amp will have a whole lot to offer that the new (1000w RMS) Type Rs won't be able to handle before you are well aware they are hurting.

I'm gonna hate

Of course he will be alright. You can always turn any amp down, you'd be surprised how much more you can squeeze out of your equipment with headroom too. I doubt that amp will have a whole lot to offer that the new (1000w RMS) Type Rs won't be able to handle before you are well aware they are hurting.
I mean if he really wanted to, he could probably blow the subs with that amp. But I'm sure he won't be trying to blow his subs so he'll be conservative enough about it.

1990 300ZX

Alpine MRX-M100

RE SE 12's

Alpine CDE-121 Head Unit

Alpine KTP-445

Soon to come:

Alpine CDE-136BT

Big 3 with Knu Kolossus

XS Power Batt up front

HO alt

Crescendo BC2000

SSA Zcon 15

I mean if he really wanted to, he could probably blow the subs with that amp. But I'm sure he won't be trying to blow his subs so he'll be conservative enough about it.

That's what I was getting at. While possible, they would stink for a long time before they just blew on that power. It's not a 7kW burp amp lol.

I'm gonna hate

Archived