My Van Build For 2003 Finals

SPL2K

30 days before finals????? Did anyone else catch that? You the man bro is all I got to say. I assume you put 8-12 hours a day on the build for 30 days almost straight. Love the way it looked in the end and the numbers aren't too bad. LOL.

We might be helping someone build a SS1-2 in an '89 Astro. Any tips/suggestions?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30 days before finals????? Did anyone else catch that? You the man bro is all I got to say. I assume you put 8-12 hours a day on the build for 30 days almost straight. Love the way it looked in the end and the numbers aren't too bad. LOL.

thanks....yes many long days and hours especially the last couple of days before i had to leave for finals. 2002 was the worst one. The last few days before finals i was working 20 hour days and then i had to tow the van 1300 miles to get to finals. :o I just liked showing up to finals with a brand new install that no one had seen yet.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

• 1 month later...

Wow I just saw this thread, this thing is amazing, If you had to do it all over again, What would you change to your setup? any info would be very helpfull, since i'll be "trying" to do a SS 1-2. Thanks, your the man! only 30 days out .......CRAZY. :lol:

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

Wow I just saw this thread, this thing is amazing, If you had to do it all over again, What would you change to your setup? any info would be very helpfull, since i'll be "trying" to do a SS 1-2. Thanks, your the man! only 30 days out .......CRAZY. :lol:

the only thing i would have changed with this particular install is i would have went ahead and put fish in the aquarium. Jessica wouldnt let me the first time. :lol:

oh yeah.......and MORE power. :D

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

nice build man, I keep seeing how people are doing up there Astro vans, and its a inspiration, since I have had a astro van , and finally am going to start working on it.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• 3 weeks later...

Are those golf cart batteries or race car batteries? 6v 8v or like 17 or 16?

8 Volt Interstate golf cart batts.

Archived