DC Sound Lab

Are the two positive inputs at the DC5K amp the same positive?

I am doing some rewiring and was wondering if the positive at the amp is one big block and vice versa for the negative. In other words, does it matter where the positive from sub 1 and sub 2 plug into at the amp's positive inputs?

Diagram 1

DC5K-wire-method1.jpg

Diagram 2:

DC5K-wire-method2.jpg

Method 1 (my old method) - I have twisted the 2+ and 2- together and ran them into 1 speaker output.

Method 2 (trying to do) - I will wire each sub in series on its own up to 2 ohms (diagram 2). I will then parallel them at the amp (diagram 2) BUT my question is, does it matter which positive input I plug it into at the amp?

So looking at Diagram 2, would it be bad if the negative orange and negative blue wire switch places at the negative input of the DC5K amp?

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

correct. they are connected internally.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

They are connected on the inside. There are only 2 positives and 2 negatives for wiring convenience ;)

Going to thread jack my own thread so I don't have to create a new thread.

The box CJ18 built for me is tuned to 35hz. My old box was tuned to 30hz. Subsonic filter is currently set to 25hz.

Should I set my subsonic filter to 30hz for the new box?

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Going to thread jack my own thread so I don't have to create a new thread.

The box CJ18 built for me is tuned to 35hz. My old box was tuned to 30hz. Subsonic filter is currently set to 25hz.

Should I set my subsonic filter to 30hz for the new box?

Play a 60-20hz sweep full tilt and adjust your SSF as needed.

Your Method #2 is actually a better way to wire it up (assuming you're using the same gauge wire on both methods).

You're dividing the current up on a separate cable run to each sub rather than pushing all the current through one wire.

Less current through the wire = less voltage drop.

Not that you'll get much with a fairly short cable run to the subs but every little bit helps.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png