Second Skin Audio

question on shallow mount subwoofers

i have two shallow mount audiobahn 10's i am planning on getting. i plan to put them in a regular dual 10 ported box for my setup. will the fact that they are shallow mounts affect their performance in a regular box as apposed to a truck box? the cubic feet of the box after displacement is almost an exact match to what the site posts for these subs. im just wondering if i will loose sound from the fact of less excursion or if shallow mounts still have decent excursion. ive never owned any. a little help please?

If the box is with the specs of the woofer then you should be fine but I wouldn't go with audiobahn if I was you. I use to run them a long time ago and always had issues with them. That's just my opinion and personal experience. To each their own though.

ive had alot of audiobahn products. they work good on a budget in my opinion. i plan on getting some 15 inch immortals this fall when i have more cash. but thanks for the info on subs.

As long as the box is built to the subs specks. It shouldn't be much a problem. The excursion all depends on the sub. The ones I've used had about the same as entry level subs but very so much. Some SM subs don't get very low that is one thing you need to look at. You don't want a 32hz tuned box for a 45hz sub. Just my 2 cents you may know this I don't know.

No problem man I was only giving my opinion. If you are on a budget it wouldn't hurt to check out some other brands and compare. Maybe check out soundqubed or they entry level from sundown or dc or just stick with audiobahn if that's what you like. Good luck to you in whatever decide and I hope it slams for ya.

Archived