Second Skin Audio

Box help!

Trocks96

I started my first build with 2 15 in kicker cvrs. My box is currently roughly 8.3 cubic feet tuned to about 32 hz, i went that big because i wanted to hit the lows really well. But now i want to get louder and ive been given advice to make a new smaller box and i plan on tuning a little higher maybe 34-35. How much smaller should i make this new box or any other advice?

8 has to be a little much. its not as loud as it should be but at the same time im running smaller wires than i should be. ive got 16g to the speakers and 4g for the power and ground. im gonna be running my 4g wire to the speakers as soon as i can get 0g for the power and ground. the minimum ported enclosure is 3 cubes and the max is 5. im just starting to plan a new box and its gonna be about 7 cubes total including port volume. im just going for a little louder because my current settup just isnt the greatest for 2 15s. it could be louder.

Why do you think making the box smaller will make it louder?

Are you going to run more power?

Tune higher.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

a friend of mine thats got 1 12 that kicks my speakers ass so i asked for some advice and he told me to make it about a cubic foot smaller. i only plan on changing my power and ground wire to some 0 gauge. and running some 4 gauge from my subs to the amp. the next box i builds gonna be tuned a few hz higher. so im just gathering info from everyones oppinion if just a little smaller of a box and some bigger wire would make me bump louder.

Archived